Part 20

Rikka said Ms. Karin is located at the 16th floor. I don't know why, but my throat had gone terribly dry. Maybe this is the side effect of guilt for knowing someone else's private matters that shouldn't supposed to be known?

I hate this uneasy feeling. I shouldn't have read the note.

I mean, room's on you? What the hell? I'm not naive enough to not know what it meant. I know they're - they're going to have s- I just know they're going to do that after dinner!

It was obvious Sasuke was that kind of guy! Yet still, I thought he hated her! I thought he despised her from spying him! And now what, he still wants to do that with her!

I don't hate Sasuke, but I am really starting to unlike him. From the start I knew he was just fun and games, I had expected this coming, yet still I didn't like it at all.

The elevator bell rang which indicates that it reached the 16th floor. Rikka said her office was the room on the right corner. I started to look for it. There were a lot of doors you know! There were two doors on the right corner. I wonder which one? Should I ask? I noticed there were windows beside it. Though its blinds were halfway closed, I could still see through the inside.

The first door had 5 men in suits and 2 women in their dresses.
It was just a meeting, I said to myself yet I had noticed something... strange.

The woman in the floral dress. It was the same woman who called out for Aki and was calling him Sasori.

"Finished spying, Sakura?" A woman with a familiar voice chuckled behind my back.
I turned to face her.
"I-I'm not spying Ms. Karin, I was looking for you." I trembled.
"Oh? What for?" She looked curious yet amused.
"Sir Sasuke said it's a deal." I said very quickly to get this over with.
"Oh, really? I knew he'd agree." She giggled and I hated it. "Well, thanks." She turned her back on me, smiling from ear to ear as if her plan was just as it is, and went inside her office at the other door.

I went back to Sasuke's office as soon as I got into the elevator. He was apparently holding the cup of coffee I made which probably had gotten cold. The sight of me made him place the cup down. But I did not dare look at him, though I felt so sure he was looking straight at me and I am not giving him the pleasure that I was looking back.

A ring on my pocket suddenly made my unsightly thoughts gone.

Aki calling....

I hesitated if I'm going to answer it or not, I didn't want to chit chat with him in front of Sasuke.

Unless..

Unless I answer it and see how Sasuke takes it. Aki was involved in our last conversating before he gave me this silent treatment anyways. So I started to answer in a little loud whisper,

"Aki?"
"Sakura. I was just wondering.."
"Oh, you're picking me up?"
"What do you mean pick you up?"
"Aw thanks Aki!"
"What? I was just wondering if you can help me with this.."
"Okay! See you in front of the Uchiha Corporation! You know where it is! Byebye!"
"Don't hang u-"

I ended the call. What the hell did I just say? Aki picking me up? Why make a story now? What is the purpose?

Making him jealous like you are?
SHUT UP YOU BIG FAT SELF-CONSCIOUSNESS I AM DEFINITELY NOT MAKING HIM JEALOUS I JUST WANT TO KNOW HIS REACTION UGH

Now's my chance.
"Sasuke.." I looked at him. Good or bad reaction, sadly there was none. I was right after all.

He didn't care.
So why do I have to?

He didn't answer anything but he looked me in the eyes, he was leaning on his chair, with his elbows cropped up in the sides of his chair, his hands cupping his chin. His eyes.. it was, mysterious as it is. Tempting and daring, yet so... distant.

"Is it okay if I.."
"Leave?" He snapped with his cold and icy voice. Great. A few words from him this day and this is how he say it.
"Well, not now, I mean you may need me here." I said in quite a small voice.
"I don't. Feel free to go. I have things to attend to." His eyes disconnected from mine. He stood up, fixed his tie and walked out of the office.

Attend to what? Karin's needs? Ugh.

I opened my phone and saw
3 new messages.

'What was that all about?' 4:45pm
'Uchiha Corporation? You have got to be kidding me, Sakura.' 4:49pm
'I'm on my way. Don't know what you're up to, but you can always count on me. As a thanks from the previous help you did to me too.' 4:51pm

Wait what? He's on his way? He took it seriously! I checked the time he sent it and the current time, 5:15pm. Flipping fishies!! Another text.

'I'm here. Where are you?' 5:15pm

I responded as I run quickly to get my things and to the elevator.

'I'll be down in a minute.' 5:16pm

The elevator stopped at 16th floor. Unfortunately, it was Karin and Sasuke getting on board.

"Hi, Sakura. Any plans for tonight as well?" She smiled. And it was terrible. At least for me, it was. I shook my head and smiled. Being with Sasuke and Karin was awkward. Really really awkward.

Until finally, the elevator reached the ground floor, I quickly stepped outside. I didn't want them to see Aki at all, but apparently I couldn't see him either!!

"There you are." Aki suddenly grabbed me and wrapped his arms on my shoulders. Before I could even say something..

"I thought you have no plans for tonight, Sakura?" Karin grinned.

"She does. She's coming over my house." Aki responded. Oh no, why did he have to say something so embarrassing and untrue! I turned to look at Sasuke, he didn't seem bothered, well, I don't know, he seems to be glaring at.. Aki. Of course not! He always look like he's glaring right?

"Well, have fun. We'll be leaving first." Karin said as she took the front seat where I used to seat at Sasuke's car. Sasuke did as well.

They both left together.