C2 | Part 7

Meeting Karin was unexpected enough.
But her apologies? Her son? What more?
Maybe finding out who's the father? Her subconscious suggested unhelpfully.

"I'm sure you're overthinking this, Sakura." She sighed behind her wheel. She was finally driving away after the incident, yet still no negotiation with the main man so she was left with an unproductive day.

But why would those things bother her? It shouldn't. So what if Sasuke was engaged or had a child with someone else? It shouldn't concern her, right?
Maybe it should, since he left us for one of those reasons- and I say we give him a piece of our mind.

"NO" She shouted at herself. She was shutting down every thought she had, especially her subconscious no matter how it struggled itself free. She wasn't going to let that man overrule her mind again.

Not today.

Not ever.

■ ■ ■ ■

His meeting was taking forever. It took the whole day, but it was worth it. With so many ideas of strategies, he'll surely be busy for this year. And he wants to keep it that way.

Kira left the conference room before him, and was found at the front desk, holding and browsing of what seems to be his schedule book.

"Kira, it's late. You can go home."
"Ah, will do, sir." He said. "I'm just checking your available days. Ms. Haruno would like to have an appointment."
"You don't need to."

"But..."
"I will be informing you when to- or not to- contact her. You already broke a command, I told you not to bring up anything that relates to that company, but you still did. Don't make the same mistake twice, Mr. Kira." With his stern, steely voice, he didn't have to repeat himself, Kira had understood it.

Shutting the schedule book and placing it on the proper place, Kira bids his farewell to his boss and left the building gloomy.

"Harsh." A woman's voice surfaced shortly after his assistant left.
"Karin." He said with no amusement in his voice.

"Uwaaahh!" A small voice attacked from behind the redhead, running his small legs towards the Uchiha who had seen it coming. Bending his knees to the kid's reach so that they have the same height, he started to pat his head.
"I missed you. Mommy said you were busy." Hiroshi pouted sadly and hugged the raven tight.

Sasuke didn't want to admit it, but seeing him would lighten up his day. Hiroshi had always reminded him of someone who used to be innocent and cute, and probably the reason why he didn't have a hard time getting along with him.
"I was, but I'll make it up to you, kiddo."
"Promise, okay?"
"Yush."

A big wide grin surfaced on his rosy cheek face. Not a minute later, he was already running around the office. Supposedly, it wasn't allowed. But he made an exception only for him.

"Careful, sweetie." Karin cautioned and sat on the couch in the middle of the room, hoping for a fine conversation with Sasuke tonight.

"I see you're busy," She crossed her arms while she was observing the Uchiha who sat back on his desk, studying his papers again.
"Why bother then?" He said without looking at her face.
"How rude."
"Hng."

"So..... I met someone particularly familiar today." She started. Though it caught his attention for a second, he didn't made it obvious and went back to his papers anyway.
"Small world, isn't it? Is she working with you?"

There was no response from the raven, and it wasn't hard for the redhead to realize that he didn't really like the topic. Nevertheless...

"We went for coffee earlier and eventually she asked me why you left. Of course, it would be my greatest pleasure to ruin the answer, but I didn't know why you left, too. You said you were reassigned to a different place, but you were already there when I read your reassignment request for your father and how you insisted it. And after 5 years, I still don't know your reason."