Dick Grayson x Reader

Key:S/n=Superhero name
M/n=middle name

Dick's pov

                                          I'm sorry Y/n, I should've gotten to you faster. I stared at the gravestone in front of me. It said: here lies Y/ n M/n L/n, a daughter, a friend, and lover.

                                          The rain pounded on my back hard but I didn't care, all I can see is Y/n's beautiful face, her laugh, her pout, everything about her I miss. I remember how she died.

Flashback

                                            S/n and I are surrounded by Joker's men. "Thinking what I'm thinking?" Asked S/n, I smirked. "You know it," I responded and we jumped into action.

                                             The two of us are a perfect synced team. "Nightwing, duck!" S/n called out, I ducked and she threw a Batarang at a goon behind me. "Thanks!" I said and took out another goon. "No problem!" S/n said, that's when a bullet rang, S/n stood still. "S/N!" I shouted, I took out another goon and quickly caught S/n, I took out the goon who shot S/n, he's out.

                                               I cupped a hand against her cheek gently. "S/n, stay with me," I said. "It's too late, Nightwing, I'm already leaving," she whispered, I pulled her mask off, her beautiful e/c eyes meeting my own blue ones.

                                                "No, you're not leaving, Batman is on his way now," I said, it's true, I turned my homing beacon on earlier. "I'm sorry, Nightwing," said S/n " I shook my head. "No, I should be sorry," I said. "I should've taken the bullet for you," I said. "Stay with me," I begged. "Nightwing, don't cry," S/n said softly. "Please don't," I begged again. "Nightwing, promise me something," S/n murmured. "Anything," I said. "Don't fall into depression, please don't," said S/n. "I promise," I said. "Good," she whispered. "One last time?" I asked. "One last time." She agreed and we shared our last kiss.

                                                   When we pulled away S/n let out her last breath and slowly her breathing slowed to a stop, I picked her up and carried her out.

                                                    Batman met me at the exit, he didn't say anything. Once we were back in the Batcave Bruce, Alfred and everyone else gave me my privacy with Y/n, tears poured down my cheeks. I'm sorry.

Flashback over

                                                     I'm sorry, Y/n, I should've been there for you. I made you a promise and I'm going to keep it. I hope you'll watch me as I go through my life Y/n L/n, if I do get married and have a daughter I'll name her after you, I'll tell my kids about you, how we met, and why my daughter's name is yours.

                                                        I love you, always and forever, you'll always be in my mind and heart.