Terry McGinnis x reader part 4!

Terry's pov

                                        Nelson and I shared the same look. Y/n committed suicide?! The two of us rushed to the office and filled the principle in on what happened, he agreed to let us out for today. Once we reached the L/n's place the place is swarming with police officers. "Nelson!" I heard Y/n's mother call out "Mrs. L/n! Is Y/n alright?" asked Nelson. "We don't know, all we know is that Y/n might not make it," Y/n's mother sobbed. "Where is she?" I demanded. "Over there." Y/n's mother pointed.

                                           Nelson and I headed to where Y/n's mother pointed, we found her in a hospital bed, around her neck is covered with blisters and black and purple bruises, she tried to hang herself. Why? Why do this to yourself, Y/n? I then got an idea, there's a park filled with trees. Y/n and I used to hang out there all the time back when we were kids.

Flashback

                                            "Hey, Terry?" Seven-year-old Y/n said softly, "Hmm?" Was my answer. "If something bad happens, my answer will be right here." Said Y/n, she showed me a small hole she had found by herself in a tree and covered it with dry leaves.

                                                Why would anything bad happen to you?" I asked. "I don't know," Y/n admitted. "But just in case if something bad did happen an explanation will be here," said Y/n. "Promise you'll read it and show it to no one?" I looked at Y/n, "Y/n, if something really bad does happen to you your parents need to know why you did it," I said. "I know but I don't want them to blame you, they'll blame you for whatever happened to me," said Y/n. "Please, Terry," Y/n begged. "Okay, I promise," I said, Y/n hugged me. "Thank you," she whispered.

Flashback over

                                                   I slowed to a stop when I reached the park, nobody comes here anymore but I remember clear as day when Y/n showed me the tree. I stopped at a large oak tree, I reached into the hole, I pushed the leaves out of the way and sure enough, I found a piece of paper. I opened it

Terry,

                                                    I'm glad you still remembered where I showed you this place all those years ago, I'm sorry for what I did. I couldn't take this anymore, I had to find a way to free myself from all the pain, you helped me a lot by being my friend, you helped me out even more when you became my first crush and lover. I didn't want to use you for my own selfish needs, Terry, I needed you like a drug, please, understand why I did this. Don't let Nelson get to you, don't let my parents get to you, don't let anyone get to you, don't blame yourself, I chose to do this. Remember this, Terrence McGinnis, I will always love you no matter where you are, no matter what.

Signed,

Y/n M/n L/n

                                                       I didn't even realize tears were falling down my cheeks as I reread the letter. She wanted to die in the first place and I didn't even realize it, I was her best friend and lover, yet I couldn't even see she was in depression. I got up and walked back to the L/n resident, I found Y/n's mother sobbing even more. "She's gone, isn't she?" Y/n's father nodded, I handed them the letter. "I found it in the park where we used to play in when we were kids," I explained, Y/n's father took it, once he finished he was enraged. "You didn't even help her?!" He roared. "I understand your pain," I said. "I will take the blame," I said. "I was her best friend and I was stupid to not realize she was in depression," I said. "I'm sorry," I said and walked away, Nelson glared at me as I walked away.

~time skip~

                                                        I watched Y/n's casket get slowly lowered down deep inside the ground, I'll never forget you Y/n M/n L/n, you will always be the brightest star, you will always be in my mind, my heart, and everywhere.

I kinda cried when I wrote this, that means I did a decent job on this one shot. *starts tearing up again* God damnit, I really need to toughen up for heaven's sake. Request, vote, comment and share. *bursts into tears* *Damian pats my back soothingly*
Damian:hush beloved, it is only a short story
Me:a sad one
Damian:indeed but you can always write more happy ones
Me:I guess *sniffs*
Damian:come now beloved, let the readers read your book
Me:this is the last chapter till I update
Damian:well you better get a move on
Me:right! can't let them wait too long
Damian:works like a charm, whenever she's sad just bring some positive things and that'll change her a bit, it works sometimes