Dick Grayson x reader

Anyone play Halo? or your brothers? no? well then, I'm just going to say this one is a crossover of Halo and Batman, this will also be pretty sad so get some tissues and someone's shoulder to cry on.

Y/n's pov

       The rain hit the umbrella hard, the marine besides me showed no emotion as he held it. In front of me is a gravestone that says: Here lies B/n M/n L/n, a soldier, a brother, and a friend. I felt someone wrapping an arm around my waist, he pulled me to his chest. Dick. I buried my face into his neck, clutching the American flag even closer to me as I sobbed. I remember when I received word that B/n is dead.

Flashback

       Dick and I just got back from a date and we both walked into the living room only to find Captain Lasky of the UNSC ship Infinity talking with Bruce "Captain Lasky," I acknowledged the captain, Bruce had a stoic expression as he got up, "Captain Lasky asked to speak to Y/n alone," said Bruce "alright," said Dick, he kissed my cheek softly and left with Bruce.

       I sat down in front of Lasky "if you're here to ask me to come back my answer is no and it'll stay no," I said "I know," said Lasky "then why are you here?" I asked "it's about your brother," Lasky said softly, that got my attention, I leaned forward, "what happened?" I asked "your brother and his squadron were sent on a mission, a recon mission in fact," Lasky said "but," I clasped my hands together, "the Covenant were waiting for them, they ambushed your brother and his squadron," Lasky said "there were no survivors," no survivors, "nor were there anything to bury," Lasky went on, nothing to bury, "many Spartan II's were sent in but they were too late, one of them knew your brother and knew that you are his sister. He brought his dog tag back for you," Lasky said pulling out a dog tag, I reached over to take it.

       It said Sargent B/n L/n "there's nothing to bury?" I asked my voice cracking "yes," said Lasky softly, he got up, "I am sorry for your lost," he said softly. Lasky placed a box on the coffee table "this was also his," he said softly and left, I reached over for the box and opened it.

       I found a Sargent badge resting in the box, there was a small part where the makers of these badges can engrave names of the owners, it belonged to B/n, tears poured down my cheek even more.

       That's when I broke, I screamed in pain, tears poured down my cheeks uncontrollably. Dick burst in the room to find me "Y/N! what happened?" he asked but I didn't answer, I'm in too much pain.

Flashback over

       I walked down to the Batcave, somehow B/n's armor was recovered but not his body. Bruce had took the armor and placed it among the rest of the suits, I stood in front of his armor, I can see him standing there, wearing that armor, proud to be a marine of the UNSC, his h/c hair buzz cut, his intelligent e/c eyes, he promised, he promised he'll come back home but instead of coming home alive, he came back in a body bag. Why is fate so cruel? what did I do to deserve this?

I cried uncontrollably when I wrote this, I was lucky that none of my family members were there to see me cry. I know you're mad at me DiamondTiara37 and I am so srry, I know how much you love Dick, I have writers block and this is the only idea that came into mind. I also know I already wrote one that Tim is the one who comforts you when you lose your brother in a previous one shot, I think this one is much more sad than the Tim one. Comment, vote and request.