Aqualad x reader

Y/n's pov

       I swam past several guards of Atlantis, they nodded at me when I passed them, I waved to them and continued swimming. I spotted Father speaking with Aqualad, I swam over to them, "Princess," Aqualad acknowledged me "Aqualad, you do not need to acknowledge me like that," I said "how many times must I remind you?" "perhaps one last time," Aqualad responded, a smile appeared on my face, "Aqualad, acknowledge me as Y/n," I said, I kissed Father's cheek and swam away. 

       I found Mother surrounded by maids, all of them are anxious for my new sibling, "hello Mother," I greeted "hello, Y/n, I see you talked to Aqualad again," said Mother "does he know?" I blushed and shook my head as a no, "my little starfish, I know Kaldur has the same feelings and you both will be together soon," said Mother, a maid squealed, "I cannot wait for the wedding!" she squealed "now, now, Y/n is still young, and they still haven't started dating yet," Mother said, my face went brighter red, "Mother," I whined "oh alright Y/n, better get going darling, your father wants to speak to you," said Mother "yes, Mother," I said, I kissed her cheek and swam away. 

       I found Father in the throne room, "Father, you wished to speak to me," I said "yes," said Father "swim with me," and I swam after Father "you and Aqualad have known each other since you were children," Father said "I know, Father," I said "is something wrong?" I asked stopping, Father too stopped and cupped a hand against my cheek, "I can see how Aqualad looks at you, he's madly in love with you," he said "do you feel the same?" "of course I do, Father," I said "Father, is something wrong?" I asked again "no, nothing is wrong," Father said giving me a warm smile.

        "Father, if something is wrong I want to know," I said "it's none of your concern, Y/n," Father said "just promise me you'll stay by Aqualad's side when something happens here at Atlantis, stay by his side, don't leave him," said Father, that look is serious, "I promise," I said, Father cupped his hands against my cheeks and kissed my forehead hard. 

       "I love you my, little starfish," he murmured "and I to you, Father," I said and hugged him, I rested my head against Father's chest while he wrapped his own around me. 

       It was late and I didn't know what time it was, all I remember is Father carrying me back to my room, he kissed my forehead again and left. Sleep slowly claimed me.

*time skip*

       Shouting caused me to wake up "MOVE! GET SO SAFETY!" someone shouted. Safety? the door burst open, a guard came in, "Princess, we must leave now," he said "what? Why?" I asked "what's happening?" I asked, the guard grabbed my arm, "no time to explain," he said "your father ordered to me take you to the zeta tubes," he said "what about my family?" I asked "I can't leave them!" I said wrenching my arm from his grip "Princess, no! you're inexperienced with sorcery! your father, mother and uncle will be fine!" the guard said grabbing me again, "no let go!" I said, he threw me over his shoulder and left. 

       "NO! FATHER! MOTHER!" I shouted, I spotted Father taking care of several men, he spotted me, "GO!" he ordered "FATHER!" I screamed, another pair of hands grabbed me and we both went inside the tube "NO! FATHER!" I screamed again and the zeta tube transported us away.

Aqualad's pov

       Once we materialized I made sure the princess is safe. Princess quickly scrambled up to her feet and lunged back to the tubes, I grabbed her and held her close to me, "NO! FATHER! MOTHER!" she screamed, she started yelling in Atlantian, wanting to go back, I made her face me and hugged her hard, "it's alright, princess, your family will be safe," I said "please, calm down," princess started sobbing, she sank to her knees and I pulled her closer, Batman and Flash quickly came over to us. 

       "What happened?" Batman demanded "Atlantis was attacked," I reported "Aquaman ordered me to take his daughter and return here," I said, I looked down at the poor princess in my arms, her shoulders shaking, she's sobbing silently, "get her to a bedroom, Aqualad, Black Canary will speak to her," Batman ordered, I nodded and helped the princess up, "I'll get Canary," Flash said and took off. I helped princess into a room, Black Canary entered, "Aqualad, I need to talk to her alone," she ordered, I nodded again, I squeezed princess' hand once and left.

Y/n's pov

       A woman with platinum blond hair and a black leather jacket sat down next to me, "hello, Y/n, your father speaks very highly of you," she said softly "do you know who I am?" "Black Canary," I said softly, she nodded, "can you tell me what happened?" she asked, I nodded and told her, "I'm worried about Mother and Father and Uncle," I said "will they make it out?" Black Canary squeezed my hand, "your father is a strong man, I'm sure he, your mother and uncle will make it out alive," Black Canary said softly, "like what your father ordered you to do, I suggest you stay close to Aqualad as well," she said softly "he's a good man," I nodded "let's get you some civvies clothing, I don't want civilians to think you're the oddball," she said, I nodded. 

       We found some cloths and I got changed, after I did, Black Canary guided me to Aqualad and other teens my age "is that her?" asked a boy with a bow staff in his hand, "yes, everyone, meet Princess Y/n, Aquaman's daughter," Aqualad introduced me, I gave them a small smile before walking over to Aqualad, "are you alright, princess?" Aqualad asked "I feel very odd," I admitted "I'm the oddball as Black Canary called it," Aqualad took my hand "it will take awhile for you to get used to this lifestyle princess, I assure you, you will be fine," he said, he gave me a smile and I happily returned it.

*time skip*

       A few months passed by, Aqualad and the team are out for a mission and I am anxiously waiting for them to return. 

       "Recognized, Aqualad, B03," the zeta tube announced, I walked over to the zeta tube, Aqualad materialized and I hugged him, "welcome back," I said softly, Aqualad and I moved out of the way for the others. 

       He took my hand and pulled me away "is something wrong Aqualad?" I asked "no, nothing is wrong princess," Aqualad answered "Aqualad, please, call me Y/n, everybody does," I said, Aqualad turned to face me, "then call me Kaldur instead," he answered "very well," I said "Kaldur," a smile appeared on Kaldur's face, he turned to face the window again, "you never get to see this at Atlantis," he said "that's what I love about staying above here than Atlantis, you get to see this magnificent view," he went on "though, I am glad I stayed in Atlantis more," he said softly "why?" I asked "because I met you," Kaldur answered, I turned to face him and he did the same, Kaldur removed a strand of h/c hair from my face and leaned in, I did the same and our lips brushed together. 

       "I knew it," said a familiar voice, I pulled away to see a very beaten up Father "FATHER!" I cried and tackled him in for a tight hug, Father chuckled and winced, "Y/n, my little starfish, do loosen your grip," Father said and I did, "I thought you didn't make it out alive," I whispered, Father chuckled and stroked my hair, "my dear, I am stronger than that," Father said "how are you and Aqualad?" asked Father "good," I said "my king, forgive me, I-I know you don't approve of our relationship bu-," Kaldur began "I approve," Father cut Kaldur off, "really, Father? You approve?" I asked "yes, I know Aqualad will take good care of you my little starfish," said Father "go ahead and spend time with him," I smiled and hugged Father again before walking to Kaldur, he took my hand and we both left.