Terry McGinnis x reader

Yay! This time it's not about Dick, Jason, Tim or Damian, not that I don't like any of them but I decided to try a new character so uh, enjoy!
Key:Y/n=your name
S/c=skin color
N/n=nickname
_____________________________
2 years ago

Y/n's pov

                                           I ran as fast as I can away from GCPD, I slipped but quickly got back up to my feet. 'No! they can't take me back! I don't want to!' I thought. They can't take me back, I don't want to. Where I don't want to go back you ask? The orphanage, I've been living in that hell hole for my entire life. I hid behind a trash can, I quickly forced myself to catch my breath. The footsteps got closer and louder. "Where did she go?" Asked an officer. "Don't know," said another. "Well find her! She belongs in the orphanage than here." Said another. "Psst!" Said a voice making me jump, I spotted a boy my age. "Come here," he whispered. "Trust me," I shook my head. "Do you really want them to find you?" He asked, he offered me his hand, I hesitated but took his hand.

                                              The boy pulled me close to him. "Gah! The girl is long gone!" Said an officer. "Damn, we better tell Gordon." Said another and they left. I sighed, the boy let me go. I got a good look at him, bright blue eyes, black hair, tall, and muscular. "who are you?" I asked. "The name's Terry, Terry McGinnis," he said. "What's yours?" He asked. "Y/n," I said. "No last name?" Asked Terry "I never met my parents, I lived in an orphanage for my entire life," I said, Terry took my hand. "Hey, I have a secret safe house, you can stay there," said Terry. "How do I know I can trust you?" I asked. "I just saved you from a one trip back to the orphanage didn't I?" He asked. "I guess," I said. "Then trust me," Terry said. "I promise you, I won't turn you in," said Terry. "okay?" I shook my head. "Okay," I said and Terry led me away.

                                                Soon, we came across an abandoned apartment, Terry swung himself up the fire escape. "Here, give me your hand," said Terry, he held his hand out for me and I took it. With Terry's help, he led me inside the apartment. It was banged up but it was nice at the same time. "It's better than sleeping in the streets at least," I said. "You're always welcome here," said Terry. "I just met you and you're already offering me a place?" I asked. "Hey, you need a friend, don't you? It's not safe for a girl like you to wander around in Gotham at night," said Terry. "I just wanted to help," he muttered. "You did!" I said. "I just.... didn't expect it," I said, Terry pulled me in for a hug. "As I said, Y/n, you're always welcomed here." Said Terry. I hugged back. "Thanks, Terry." 

Now

                                                  I shifted a bit, I felt Terry's arms tightening around me "Terry," I sang "wake up," Terry growled before pulling me even closer. "Terry, for God's sake! Let go! I don't want your parents to be worried!" I said, Terry groaned before saying "fine," and he got up. He yawned and stretched, I can see his abs because his shirt hitched upwards a bit. It's not the first time I've seen him shirtless yet I still blush, Terry noticed and smirked. "Getting dirty thoughts now are we?" He grinned. "Shut up," I said whacking him with a pillow, Terry laughed before pulling me in for a hug. "Aw, is Y/n mad?" Terry teased. "Shut up," I said. "Aw, you are." Terry teased again, I whacked him with the pillow again. "I said shut up," I said, Terry chuckled and got out of the makeshift bed, he grabbed his leather jacket and pulled it on.

                                                     He kissed the top of my head gently "I'll be back as soon as I can." Said Terry, I nodded and he was gone, *sigh* I miss him already. Ever since Terry found me that night he's been treating me like his little sister, what I've been wanting is something else but I'm scared, what if it ruins our friendship!? Or worse!? God, it sucks when you have a guy best friend and you end up falling in love with him.

                                                    I sighed and rubbed my face a bit, I got up and made a quick breakfast for myself, Terry sneaks food in here for me from his own place, his parents are arguing a lot lately from what he told me. I hope they make up soon. After eating, I got changed into more civilized clothing. Terry gave me so much, a home, clothing, food, and water, and most importantly of all, a friend, who I am madly in love with. 

                                                      Pretty much I don't have a lot of things to do around the apartment but Terry has strictly said I couldn't go out, the last time I did Terry caught me red-handed and tied me down to the bed so I am not letting that happen again. I decided to clean the apartment up a bit, it's getting dusty around here.

~time skip~

                                                        Boy, cleaning an entire apartment sure is tiring, hopefully, Terry doesn't find me like this when I wake up again.

Terry's pov

                                                        'Ugh! Why did this have to happen?' I asked myself as I walked back to the abandoned apartment. 'Mom and Dad really are getting divorced,' I scowled. 'And Mom's taking me with her, that means Y/n will have to be alone again, she doesn't know how to fight! She'll be in so much trouble,' I went on. 'I can't let that happen, she's too sweet and innocent.' I quickly climbed up the fire escape like how I usually do, I found Y/n sleeping peacefully in bed, she's so adorable, her lips slightly parted open, her eyelashes softly brushing against her s/c skin, I walked over to her and brushed a strand of h/c hair away from her face but it caused her to wake up.

                                                          "Terry? You're already back?" Y/n asked. "I've been gone for 6 hours, n/n," I said. "Really? I've been asleep for that long?" Y/n asked. "I don't know when you fell asleep, n/n, all I know is that you've been asleep for a long time," I said. "I told you, you shouldn't have stayed up that late," I scolded her. "It's not my fault, you and that gang are what caused me to stay up," Y/n protested, I sighed. "I guess you're right," I muttered, Y/n stretched and I heard a loud pop. "That felt good," said Y/n, she sat up and crossed her legs. "What's up?" She asked, she knew something was wrong, there's no use of lying. "My parents are getting divorced," I said. "My mom is taking me with her," I added. "Y-you're leaving?" Y/n asked, I nodded and hugged her tight. "I'm sorry, n/n, I'll try to convince my mom to let me stay," I said. "Terry, I don't want you to leave," Y/n said. "You're my only friend," Y/n whimpered, I tightened my grip on Y/n. "If I do leave I promise you, I will find you again and we'll be together forever, Y/n," I said. "Just promise me you'll be here when I do come back," she tightened her grip. "I promise," Y/n said. "Good," I sighed and leaned my forehead against hers. "I'll teach you self-defense before I leave," I said. "You need to know how to defend yourself," I said. "Okay."

~time skip~ 

                                                             "Terry! Hurry up!" said Mom, I sighed and carried the last box of belongings. Dad didn't even bother to come say goodbye, the only person that showed up is Y/n. After I shoved the last box inside the trunk of the car I pulled Y/n tightly in my arms. "Remember your promise, Y/n, and I will remember mine," I said, tears poured down Y/n's cheeks as she held me even tighter. "I'll miss you," she whispered. "I'll miss you too," I said. "Goodbye, for now, Y/n," I said, I got in the car and the car left, I looked back, slowly, Y/n was out of sight, Gotham is gone.

                                                               I will keep my promise Y/n, I will find you again.

This one is kinda sad don't you think? I know Terry's dad gets killed and all of that bull crap but I decided to change it a  bit, should I do a part 2?