6: Far Away From Home

~Land Bridges: Way Point~

*Poke—Poke—Poke—

An uppercut to Bright's jaw flew swiftly. "I told you to never ever poke me like this again. What do you want?!" Lea asked, feeling aggrieved at the annoying Bright.

"Oucha-- What happened to that boy you were carrying the last time?"

"Home."

"WHAT? Yours and his? WEW-- --"

A side punch to Bright's face flew in a second. "Obviously... not."

"Oh come on. How could that be possible when you two were hugging each other~? Just let me in on your secret and I'll get of yer case. Tee-hee!"

Lea simply rolled her eyes. She then proceeded to ignore Bright to look up at the sky. "Good days for travel ahead...." She mumbled to herself.

*PokePokePokePokePoke—

Suddenly, a series of jabs to the gut flew towards Bright. He took all of the hits bravely.

"...Foolish......." Raize rolled his eyes.

Ulla gave a chuckle. "Haha... I feel like it's been a while since it was this lively!"

"Not for me...." Deadpanned Raize, narrowing his eyes to the horizon.

"Ahhhhh!! How could you, Handsome... We had so much time together... You're just gonna forget all my hugs and kisses?!!!"

Raize shrugged. "There was never any..."

Bright hugged himself while his body was shaking. "*Sob* H-h-h-h-ow.... could you?! You even held my beautiful hands..." As he said this, he lifted one of his hand and kissing the back of it.

"Oh look, it's our turn." Announced Lea promptly, elegantly ignoring Bright's drama.

Ulla giggled, giving Bright a pat on his shoulder. He turned to Ulla with his pitiful eyes, then beamed a playful smile.

"Citizen Pass at ready. Gold check." Raize reminded, pulling out just the right items out of his backpack.

• • •

Lea's group decided to go with another group of merchants from Port Ruo to cross the Land Bridges. They waited three days straight waiting for the line to reach their point; there was just that many people arriving from other places that docked at Port Ruo.

Bright hummed his way along with others passing through the checkpoint, having their Citizen Pass stamped as they crossed.

"Bright Harrow"

"Ulla Fernandez"

"Raize Lee Gue"

"Dai Wouxie"

"!!!????"

Wide eyes, Bright drew himself closer to Lea's ears to whisper, "When did you get baptized here again?"

At this, Lea cracked a small smile, but it quickly disappeared before she turned to look at Bright's comical face. "I stole someone else's, remember?" She whispered back.

"Must be me and my senile brain, but cool. I should've changed my name too!!" Whined Bright while wiggling his hips.

"Pfft..!" A suppressed laugh escaped Raize's usually blank expression. And Ulla did not miss this, she looked on Raize with an impress expression.

He simply shrugged to recover. And the group continued to merrily follow the merchants towards Mingzhe Dei.

They saw fragile looking bridges connecting one island to another, and felt their throat dry. "A-are we really gonna go through with this...? Can't I call it quits?"