49: Corrupted Nation | 2 |

Beyond a certain youth's peripheral view was a land barred with snow after snow. He turned his head to the fox on his shoulder with a questioning gaze. "Do we really have to?" To which the fox replied with a bobbed of its furry head.

A sigh escaped the youth's well-sculptured lips. "Terrible, terrible. I'll freeze to death. I'll just wait here." He decided, but before he could walk to a side where a tree was standing upright, the fox had taken upon itself to bite the youth's neck. Not enough to bleed.

"Ouch!" Glaring to each other, the youth expressed his exasperation once more by ruffling his soft lavender colored hair. "......" With no words uttered, he advanced towards a slowly dying winter storm. Not long after, he would encounter an adorable child to whom his fate was destined to be entangled with.

♞ ♞♞   

In one of the dark alleys in the capital city of Sabio, three males of different ages were huddled together

In one of the dark alleys in the capital city of Sabio, three males of different ages were huddled together. Their expressions serious and wary.

"So, tell us mister. Why have you been prying for information specifically about Sabio's actions and plans?" His voice confident and threatening, Kiel asked.

To his query, the man whose age was around his late thirties gulped and a trickle of sweat slid down his perspiring forehead. A knife was aimed at his neck, and he was foolish enough not to bring anything to defend himself. He was rather keen on keeping himself silent, but Kiel could clearly see his intentions and thus, he slowly moved the knife closer to the man's brown skin.

"Now, tell me exactly what happens to a person whose artery gets cut?" Kiel queried with his most gentle tone. "I'm sure Sabio's Science education have advanced much further than the others, unless you are not a native..." His grey eyes narrowed on the man's dark brown irises.

In the man's mind, there were various speculations. His veins rang all through out his head. He could feel his heart rampaging with fear, anxious for his death. But he was determined to remain silent. Noticing this, Kiel assured his speculation of the man.

"I am not part of Sabio's intricate networks. I am here with my group of friends to learn more about what dangers Sabio could pose to Ingrid, and maybe to other continents as well." Kiel briefly explained. He had lowered the knife slightly to give the man a breather.

True to his expectations, the man felt himself relieved from the devil's clutches. Wiping his sweat with his sleeve, he looked on Kiel and Raize carefully. "Let's introduce each other first."

At his words, Kiel gestured for the man to introduce himself first. Although predisposed, the man oblique. With a curt bow, he introduced himself as, "Raul Roy Utkamla. I come from Chlad as an envoy."

"Kiel, and this is Raize." Upon Kiel's introduction, Raize simply glanced at Raul and positioned himself back as a guard behind Kiel. While Kiel simply revealed a friendly smile that others would usually fall for if not for the true nature of his grey eyes. But Raul was not that wise. Kiel continued. "Envoy for what?"

"........" Raul was reluctant, but he could sense a slight trust to Kiel's position in the matter. He felt Kiel was acting quite comfortable after realizing he was not part of Sabio's backing or one its partners. "I was to bring news of the situation in Sabio as well as inform the rest of my comrades who remain here to be vigilant as Sabio seems to be connected to the increase of beasts roaming about just outside of Chlad. Our soldiers are busy fighting them off day and night, and if Sabio were to...." He couldn't finish his words upon the consequences of what might occur.

Kiel's grey eyes narrowed with the possibility. "Can we join your group? Are you sure there are no others who knows of you guys here?"

To his query, Raul gave a reluctant nod. "As far as I know.... Come, I'll introduce you to our acting leader. They hold nightly meetings twice a week, and you are in luck for one of those meetings will be held tonight. We got 3 hours before then."

Kiel pondered Raul's words. He found it too easy. Too easy that it was suspicious to find a man they needed so soon despite the chaos. With a smile on his slips, he said, "Sure. Raize, inform the others of where I will be. Inform them of what we've known so far, and if anything where to occur, I leave the command in your hands."

With Kiel's words, Raize immediately understood what he was trying to pose as. With a nod, Raize replied after a curt bow, "Yes, Major-General Kiel Fang, your father in Sabrina of Eden Kingdom would be most delighted of the new information gathered." With such a line, Raize left with a slight smile on his lips that nobody but strangers in the crowd noticed.

After their exchange, Raul's complexion paled. His brown eyes darted like water.

"Is there something the matter, Raul?" Asked Kiel in his most gentle tone, as if cooing an upset child. To his smoothing query, Raul could only expressed his anxiousness through his eyes. His throat grew thirst. "....I-I-I...."

"Yes?" Kiel's grey eyes now appeared to posses some mirth in them.

"I lied." He finally said, his heart in a brink of explosion due to anxiety.

"I know. So tell me the truth." Kiel replied with an amused smile playing on his lips.

Raul couldn't believe the person in front of him. He was reading him like a book!

Left with little to no choice, Raul confessed. "I'm of Sabio's Rebellion Group. We are in no way related to Chlad. We simply thought it would be beneficial to spread the word that Chlad is conspiring to gauge Sabio's strength and make people believe that the two nations would not have much long a time before a war breaks out.

"Our purpose was to have Chlad go against Sabio, while we assist in guaranteeing the nation Chlad's win. That is, if the war could be possible. Sabio is a goner.... There are too many high officials to kill, too many relations to investigate and too many sins committed. It is a nation that should be burnt to the ground as soon as possible!" Upon his words, Raul clenched his fists white. His brown eyes moist with threatening tears as he focused his attention on the ground, unable to face Kiel who have a mightier rank than him.

In understanding, Kiel gave Raul a pat on the shoulder. "Well then, introduce me to your friends. And make sure they are honest with me as well." He said to Raul with his smile so wicked, his grey eyes sinister. "I wouldn't want likely allies disappear before they can contribute to greater good."

At his words, Raul escaped a nervous gulped. He was debating whether he found a good or a dangerous ally. As far as he was concerned, the continent Sabrina never bothered with Ingrid as much as possible. But they are famous for their military strength, especially Duke Fang's household. If they were to join in the conflict, it will be considered international war.