132: Co-Op Tactics (2)

Kiel's calloused hand remained holding onto Lea's wrist, and she did not refuse this. The siblings that keeps being separated are now once again standing side by side. However, there have been many events that have caused their relationship to strain, especially the many years of absence.

Although in the heart of the older brother, his deep affection for his younger sister have never ceased to exist. Even when she pushed him away harshly, he did not think of giving her up. Not for anything in the world.

And so, while they still had time, Kiel softly spoke into her ears, "Lea.. Have you ever wondered why I don't call you as 'younger sister'?"

Maybe it's due to his emotions at the moment or the tiredness of the previous sleepless nights, but his voice sounded raspy and mellow, soothing to one's ears. He did not seem intent to have Lea answer his query, for the next moment, he spoke once again: "It is true that you are my only family left, and that remains true even after being given a second chance at life. Even when I have a new family now, I'd be happier to have a simple life with you. No more illegal business that caused us to separate. No walls that we cannot cross.

"Lea... Please don't push me away. I'm fine remaining as your brother. It would make me happy if you can at least treat me as one... You don't have to accept my overbearing love for you, but just don't push me away... It really hurts me. Here, it is very painful."

Kiel wrapped his hand that was holding Lea's wrist and brought it to his chest, while never leaving his eyes from her face that has by now have a line of tears. Seeing such a heart wrenching sight, it felt like his heart was being squeezed very painfully, causing his gray eyes to turn glossy.

He felt the urge to hug her hard then, but he knew better than to act abruptly.

After a while, Lea finally looked into his eyes, not wearing her usual indifferent face, but the familiar expression she used to show him at home. Her limpid ruby eyes slightly curved almost to a crescent and an adorable smile on her lips. "Then I won't." Was all she said, but they both know how heavy her words were in that moment.

Her usually indifferent tone did not sound too placid this time, as if there was a hint of grave resolution that was barely repressed. In her mind, she already did whatever she could to determine her brother's happiness. She acknowledged her mistake and welcomes love once again. There's always an end to everything, and there was no point missing it the first time and instigating the mishaps this time. It was time to let it all go, and simply allow for the love to flow. When ever a time comes that she could look at him the way he does to her, then she would welcome it with open arms.

Finally, he felt extreme relief, causing a tear to involuntarily escape. When it fell, Lea's finger timely saved it. The warm fluid touched her fair skin, making her heart grow even warmer. "I'm sorry for what I've done." While she was saying this, she gripped Kiel's hand that was wrapped around her's.

Kiel freely smiled, erasing all the stress from his muscles. With his relaxed expression and with a heart filled with happiness, his handsome features became even more profound.

Quietly, the brother and sister simply looked at one another in understanding and reconciliation with a smile on their face. Then they slowly talked about some things that have happened to both of them, back in the previous world and their current one.

Unbeknownst to them, Fatima happened to be standing close by, holding her chest with tears streaming down endlessly. She appeared to have a hard time breathing. 

Lea might not see Kiel as a man, only as a brother, but in the eyes of Fatima, anyone Kiel considers a 'woman' was a rival. They were finally getting closer, she thought. But she only realized now that the man she loves have always been hiding his pain. Only, there was only ever one person who could cause him so much pain, as well as happiness.