67: Their questions; Her answers

After properly fixing themselves up with a bath and new clothes, they continued their journey slowly. They were more determined to arrive at Sabio to receive their answers, except for Liam.

War was looming overhead, and Lea was only initially after an underground leader. Her scope of suspicion increased, giving away a bloody trail on her feet. Her mind was at work when Duran broke her concentration. "Lea, what are you?"

His question so strange, the rest of the men waited with bated breathe, even Liam.

She pondered her answer only for a second and swiftly graced Duran with her ruby eyes. "I believe I am human. But you could say I am not."

Confused by her words, Nia was unusually the one to question. "You mean you weren't brought into existence normally, right? Which leaves me to think back on your words concerning the Spirit who gave birth to you..."

She nodded in assent, pleased with Nia's thought process. "It seems I was born from a Spirit, but neither am I one of their kind."

Her words poetic, Liam was lost. However, Duran understood her meaning, and so did Nia.

"Even if you were born normally, I don't think you'd turn out any different." His voice gentle, there was no hint of malice to it. However, his words received a frown from Liam more than the others. He turned to meet Liam's magenta eyes only to express an understanding smile.

"She is very capable." Izaya shrugged, receiving a proud nod from Seth who was dragging the soldier by his leg.

Lea ignored their short moment of understanding to her existence and continued her lead on their march.

There were many questions that the men wanted answers, but for now, they all thought following Lea was the right choice. Time will enlighten them when it was determined to be so.

"Any information from him yet, Seth?" Inquired Lea, not sparing a glance to her back.

To her query, Seth dutifully replied, "Only that the King wants to unify all nations by force."

"Keep at it."

"Understood."

Izaya and Duran were truly amazed at how Lea and Seth interacted. It seemed they were two beings as one. But how they were able to do it, they couldn't begin to fathom.

Then they refocused their attention to what was to come.

Liam on the other hand was left to stare at Lea's side profile, his thoughts so deep and unreadable.

-------------------------
-----------------------------

After travelling with ease for over 5 hours, Lea's group decided to refill their supply of food and water. She knew it was better to be constantly be prepared for the unknown while travelling in foreign lands. And she was starting to notice how there were less and less vegetation in their surroundings.

A map was already established in her mind. The last fresh water they encountered were miles away. She speculated that there would come a point when they will no longer find any source of life at all. Although she was mostly trained in jungles and different conditions of wilderness, she did not miss the opportunity to study other environmental inconveniences. The Survival books she engulfed in her childhood were not in vain.

"Seth, guard this area with Izaya and Duran." At her words, Seth was about to protest, but when he looked onto her ruby eyes, no words came out of his mouth. Akin to instinct, he knew then that Lea had something in her sleeve. Without her elaborating her thoughts, he understood it was something worthwhile to comply over. "I understand. Then please, be careful."