133: No Leeway (1)

Huddled together at the center of Central District, Lea summoned every Spirits that have come a long way with Japatu. Seeing them all well-behaved in their human form instead of animals or plants, Lea can clearly see a certain common emotion swimming in their glossy eyes.

Lea was determined to corner everyone at fault over the happenings of the two continents. With her sharp ruby eyes, the Spirits instinctively remembered the feeling of fear. Although the girl in front of them appeared human, the powerful core stirring within her can only be said to be monstrous. They've also long gone and noticed the extreme intimacy all the essences towards her, causing them to feel revere and instinctive loyalty, as if seeing their creator.

"I beseech you Spirits who have been abandoned by fate to fight for your freedom. To do so, I only need you to perfectly enclose the whole expanse of this underground metropolis." Hearing her words first hand, the Spirits couldn't hide their surprise. They know how much they would have to spend in order to cover a very huge metropolis such as this, but they could not object when Lea remained calm as she continued her speech.

"Every district. Every life. You must control them within your hands. Do not be scared of their tools and weapons. Release every essences and passion you have in subduing the wrongdoers! Rest assured that I will accompany you to make this untimely raid successful. There's no going back now."

Her voice resounded in everyone's heart, as if this was the last moment they will ever fight for themselves ever again. This made them all feel unified and grateful for the chance. Although they isolated themselves at a safer distance before, but what was the meaning of it all if they couldn't live as free as before?

Spirits existed to roam the lands and appreciate nature, overlooking the natural course of time. Having been abruptly stopped with their way of life, and with many of them being captured and killed for selfish reasons, the blood feud cannot easily be quelled.

Even when they said nothing, Lea knew by the glow the Spirits were emitting that they were ready for one last stand. She couldn't express her delight yet, but she indeed felt a little relieved.

"Japatu, gather a small group under your command and dash Crimson Boa District. Don't burn the recorded documents, but cut off the source of electricity and communication. Immobile the researchers and elite troupes at the core and work your way out.

"Remember, you are an extension of essences. With your will, you can go undetected. And by your will, the rest shall follow you. As the leader of the remaining Spirits, you ought to show those who deserve punishment continue with their lives thinking death would have been better!"

Lea was almost roaring with her encouragement, but anyone who could hear can detect how emotional she was at this moment. No matter what or how, despite her outburst, she looked even more dazzling. It could be due to their common goal and how Lea was able to hit their sensitive heartsrings, but after her talk, everyone was eager to get started.

"If you say this is all possible, we will believe you. You've lit up our hopes that should have been extinguished, and now you've provided us with an opportunity as an outlet to prove our existence once again. We will not fail you." Japatu looked straight into Lea's crimson eyes with equal passion. His voice was solemn, but it resounded every Spirit's thoughts. Everyone else gave their nod with their equally serious expressions.

Smiling a little, Lea gave her salute. "Then... Dash out!"

After her voice faded, so did the Spirits in the area. Victor at the side bore witnessed of this revolutionary move, gazing at Lea with a strange light. He slowly approached her side, speaking with absolute obedience, "How may I be of service here, Lea?"

She turned her head full of black hair, her ruby eyes sparkling. Looking up and down at Victor, Lea suddenly burst with a strange smile. "What do you think of commanding some pets?"

"Oh?" Seeing her like this, Victor was feeling amused. Whatever she said, he wouldn't mind extending a helping hand.

---------------

It had only been a day since the first day of the militants' examination held in Military District's jungle. However, hundreds of militants have died, and many elites were killed. Then all of the sudden, the violent appearance of the beasts caused everyone to cower in fear.

Admiral and Elder Bo had lost sight of Lea, only to be informed by First of what they've seen. Hearing this, Elder Bo was sure that it was the work of the mythical Spirits. He always found this species fascinating due to how miraculous they can be used. He did not seem to see them as living beings at all, instead, upon knowing there were some of the Spirits close by, he immediately wanted to inform the other elders.

Leaving a mere instruction to Admiral to assemble all troupes to capture any intruders, Elder Bo instantly disappeared.

"Admiral. Requesting to inform you of my personal thoughts!" Asked First, solemnly after his salute.

Not looking at the side, Admiral gave a small nod. Right away, First opened his mouth to speak, "I believe Seven has found something crucial in the jungle and is on her way to meet the elders. The elders are acting suspicious, especially when they did not even inform us that beings as dangerous as beasts were secretly being kept in our District. Do they not care about our Military District at all?"

First finally realized that the person he met in the red burial grounds was Lea after some analyzation. He was even more sure after the reports of Second based on the results of the scanners, as well as the recorded dead bodies, witnesses and militants that were still alive. Adding everything up, Lea was the only one missing.

The Admiral wasn't far from First's process of thinking as well. He already doubted Elder Bo earlier, and he has always been true to Military Code. Their purpose was to become the strongest powerhouse for all metropolis. Hence they could afford to have some losses. 

However, losses without merit... He once again looked over his injured men and felt slightly apprehensive. He allows death to happen if it meant for good results for his men, but not when they are senselessly thrown into a death pit.

After some silence, he once again spoke, his tone indifferent and commanding, "Prepare the capable elites. Everyone, excluding the trainees, must hold their firearms. We shall march to the Central District after half an hour."

Finally understanding his Admiral's purpose, First felt relieved. In a battlefield, one of the important things a soldier must know is the reason of why they have to fight. If the reason is clear, winning would no longer be a problem, and even if there was regret, it wouldn't be so bitter knowing the resolve that came before. 

Already noticing where the Admiral stood, not totally devoted to the elders but to himself and his men, First happily went about the tasks he was given.