147: Gathering of the Main Characters (2)

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Soon, the mess hall was even more crowded

"These three are the Elders responsible for governing the Apostles' Metropolis for over 200 years." Lea informed, waving a hand that simultaneously zapped the three Elders to grovel on the marbled floor. Really, there was no need to wave her hand but she didn't want to cause too many surprises.

Sprawled on the floor, the three elders struggled to sit up. Their wounds were not treated, their expressions almost empty, but instead of feeling a sense of lost, they only knew fear. Fear towards the teenage girl whose hair was as black as the abyss and eyes crimson reminding them of blood.

"Talk." She commanded, and they did not resist.

Like robots, they explained whatever they knew.

Elder Yun: "W-we... We used the materials gathered at the edge of  continent Sabrina to create Spirit Waiver tools, which allowed us to capture the lives of the Spirits without much resistance."

Elder Bo: "W-we... We also captured humans to further our research on extending life..."

Elder Lin: "W-w—"

Lea: "Stop being funny, and cease with your we-we stutter!!"

Her roar shook the three elders and the King of Eden to the core, they begun shaking like a leaf easily blown by the wind. Seeing this comical spectacle, Raize didn't know whether to laugh or cry, which was rare for him. Seeing Lea command the people like they were nothing, with her voice and countenance full of confidence, she was dazzling to his eyes. It had been a while since he last spent time with her this long, and she'd become even more beautiful.

The three elders dutifully nodded their head in understanding.

Elder Lin: "W—"

He couldn't even finish his word when Lea's glare pierced him to silence. He gulped and attempted to rephrase his words.

Elder Lin: "The beasts are the results of the ongoing experiments... Since they are likely to succeed compared to human lifeforms, we tried different ways to reconstruct their DNA using the essences from the Spirits."

Elder Bo: "W-Us! I mean... extending human life is a success but the percentage is only .05%, which the three of us survived out of 5000."

Elder Yun: "There are the super humans as well that we call Living Spirits, possessing a spirit soul within a corpse. Hence, avoiding the process of the body rotting away, eliminating atrophy altogether in exchange for a life and the weakening of the Spirit core."

Elder Lin: "Sometimes, beast experiments create extraordinary results and mutation occurs."

Elder Bo: "And these 200% success beast experiments are what we call the Legendaries!"