75: Like A Bull

"I still cannot believe it....." Kiel muttered under his breathe.

He was currently sitting on a sofa with Lea by his side. Of course, without Raize and Bright around, his arm was free to rest on her delicate shoulders. Once the meeting finished, Bright was then kicked out, while Raize had to go back to his work. And Ulla left to prepare for Lea's visit to Sabio-U, her face expressed a lovely smile thinking of someone in particular.

Imhe ignored everyone else except for Duran and Nia who were mostly quiet the whole time. They were observing how Lea seemed more comfortable with the group they were recently introduced. In addition to that, they were kept busy by Imhe's constant flirty gestures.

They saw her looking at them with glitters in her eyes as if she was sleepy. Nia was left to look at her dumbfounded, his ignorance was truly formidable. While Duran was used to her actions, and simply decided to ignore. 

But she did not stop from just sending hearts through her eyes, but also flashing her sweet smile occasionally as well. A normal man would've taken the bait, but Nia was too ignorant for any of Imhe's advances. He was thinking maybe Imhe was having a fit silently, but couldn't say anything as they were supposed to be in a serious meeting.

He felt guilty he couldn't help Imhe when she appeared so desperate as time went on. His mismatched irises expressed pity. Duran remained indifferent. His full attention on the future plans. His mind would occasionally look back to his city, Chlad, and the desolate aftermath caused by the beasts destruction. His resolve getting stronger, he pledged to himself that whoever instigated the cause, he will have their head. A country ruled so wrong, he couldn't possibly leave it be.

"Brother, when you were missing..." Despite her expressionless face, she felt her voice croak ever so slightly at the memories.  "...When you were missing, what happened to you?"

He looked into her sincere eyes, and he was immediately ridden with guilt. "I'm sorry, Sister. I never wanted to leave you..."

"I know what happened, but I don't know what happened afterwards."

Her words wise and unexpected, Kiel's gaze changed. "So you did....... Forgive me--"

"I do forgive you, brother. Always." Her words and her smile, so beautiful they were that Kiel couldn't help but cry involuntarily once again. His grey eyes expressed relief. "I am so lucky... so lucky to be your brother..."

"And so do I, brother. I am glad to be with you again..." She couldn't say the three words, but expressing herself was not that hard for her. Her smile serene, Kiel could only grab for his chest that was feeling rather conflicted. "You've grown beautiful."

At his words, Lea's smile remained, "...So you live in Sabrina... For how long now?"

"5 years..." His grey eyes narrowed into the distance.

Lea was about to ruffle his unkempt hair, but decided against it. "Sorry, brother. But I urge you to take a shower."

"Tsk. Why can't you make exceptions for your brother??"

"Hygiene is a must." Was all she said before distancing herself from Kiel. He was left speechless, but resigned to her desires. "Urrgg... Wait for me." He said as he stood up. "Restroom?"

"First floor, left wing. The end of the hallway." Direct and concise, Lea gave the directions. And with a nod, Kiel reluctantly left her for a bath.

In a room with only her, Imhe, Nia and Duran, silence was their friend.

Victor was transferred to the only bed when the others left, and he continued to sleep. His bushy tail would occasionally move, which would cause Lea to jolt and think of jumping on it, but she abstained.