30: Soulmates | 1 |

Arriving within Chlad an hour later, Lea immediately used her Scan to search for Raize, Bright and Izaya.

Her face paled as a sheet of paper. She gasped for air after 50 seconds in the trance. Her temple drenched with sweat. Her ruby eyes strained.

"They are in the heart of the city."

Imhe looked on Lea, and asked, "How did you do that...?" She was feeling constantly surprised by Lea's innovative approaches with essence manipulation.

"Essences exist all around you. Feel them all at once and imagine yourself being them, seeing what they see, feeling what they feel and moving like they do."

Imhe's expression changed from curiosity to a frown, then to a lost child's face. ".....You say it like essences are alive."

"Yes, because they are. And I think there is more to them than being a utility and convenience."

Imhe ignored the word 'utility' as it was foreign to her, but she did not missed Lea's point on essences. She always thought essences were meant to be used for 'magic', and that was all there was to it. But after hearing Lea's explanation, she thought of other things that could possibly be done in concern with essence manipulation.

"...You thought these up yourself?"

"Essences are not that hard to grasp." Lea replied quietly as she unconsciously stroke the red eyed youth's head as he laid unconscious on her lap. The fox tried to pry away her hands from the youth using its meager paw strength, failing horribly.

At her response, Ulla shrugged her shoulders. She thought she was having a hard time dealing and understanding manipulation herself. But she had accepted that fact long ago and had hardly asked much about essences nor enhanced her skills on it.

On the other hand, Imhe looked on Lea with a tinge of admiration. But she still felt slightly negative about her due to Oliver's case. Her obsession over the matter was reaching a dangerous level.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

The girls found their way along a street lined up with beautifully built mansions. Imhe couldn't help but agape at every turn of her head, while Ulla remained refined and seemingly experienced at seeing extravagant architectural structures.
Lea remained the quiet guide, simply looking towards their destination. Her mind was busy processing more than two things. The youth being carried by Hamsphant who was walking alongside the girls on the streets.

Every soldier looked to their direction at least once. A few have attempted to approach them only to be politely refused by Ulla. In return, they immediately became compliant and attracted. But she was oblivious to her effect on the men. She simply saw them as pests.

Imhe, however, found it regrettable that she was walking alongside frigid female companions when she could have had a fun discussion with the men who had approached them.

Eventually, the three arrived at where Lea's Scan led them. Izaya's mansion.

"Let's hurry. He'll wake up soon." With her words, she gave the door three knocks to which the Butler answered.
"Call Izaya." Was all she said before the Butler closed the door once again to call for his master.
A few minutes later, Izaya opened the door with an apologetic expression. "Sorry about that. Come in, please."

As the girls came in one by one, Izaya noticed the unconscious boy on Lea's back. She had taken him off from Hamsphant to enter the mansion.