S7: Izaya | Duran

18 years back, Chlad was known to be the fearless nation in Ingrid.

The Lord would gather young children from the surrounding small towns to be trained as soldiers. Taught with strict regimes and stripped off their morality, mighty cavalries were widely produced. This brought about huge changes on two particular youths; a slave and a noble.

.   .   .

A caravan full of slaves captured all over Ingrid was passing through the borders of Chlad, when one of the Generals decided to whimsically buy A toy for his new training methods. This was a fortunate transaction for the slave himself, which he would always remember as his life's saving grace.

His gear of fate started to move when he was subjected to a few experiments underground. He was put to sleep every so often and dragged underground to be injected with strange fluids coming from certain supernatural existences; spirits, beasts and halflings.

Unconsciously, the slave managed to survive a few nights before being proven a failure. He was then transferred to serve as one of the lower rank soldiers.

Unawares of the experiments done to his body, he honed his skills and learnt from the experienced in the barracks. Eventually, he became quite skillful with combat, enough to defeat a group of ruffians or small beasts alone.

At the age of 14, he rose to become an officer. Many were surprised by his achievements brought about by winning small but deadly skirmishes against small tribes living around Chlad. Most regions in Chlad were left for the taking, and eventually, almost all the barrens, forest and mountains were occupied by strange tribal families.

Some territory wars would occur, but none has ever defeated Chlad. Except for the Jagguar tribe near the Northern Cape. But every lose the capital earned, only their food supply would be taken. Thus, the capital cavalries never had to ravage the Jagguar tribe's region. The Lord did not pay much heed for such a small existence as a few persistent tribal groups.

+++

"You should learn to understand your world's system first. You'll need it once you meet 'her'."

One day, all of the sudden, the slave boy heard a voice. It was clear and feminine. Thinking he was hallucinating, he continued to swing his sword in the air. He was at his 2100th swing. Sweat danced over his forehead, muscled arms and bare abs.

He was handsome for even one so young. His hair unkempt, and his golden eyes serious; nose was a flawless slope and his lashes long. His lips rosy from the workout.

The sun was spectating his daily task, and the clouds chided along with the singing of the birds. The cold breeze coming from the south could barely give the young slave respite for his sweaty appearance. His swinging was much too intense.

"You are gonna need 'her' help. When the time comes, just talk to me. I'll help you out."

The slave boy continued his count. He was worried for himself since he rarely talked to himself. Closing his eyes in concentration, his swings were even stronger, increasing the volume of the swings creating whipping sounds. Every wave of his arms created a slight wave to their surroundings that caused some sweat to disperse outward, trickling the paved ground with blots of liquid.

"Remember, when the time comes, 'she' is the only one you can trust. For everything, I'm sorry..."

When the voice seemed to fade, the slave boy frowned. "Why me, and her? Who?" He finally asked himself, thinking he was not simply tired from the daily skirmishes around the borders of Chlad