88: Imhe's Imminent Death

Upon their arrival into the abandoned city, Lea immediately could feel a familiar flow of essences.

The essences of someone who had a deep grudge and searching. The container of such amount and kind of essences were in a deep trance. And Lea could only guess it was another normal entity turned to beast incident.

Heartfelt cries could then be heard from where they were. In a matter of seconds, Lea felt a strong urge to see what sort of beast that have been looking for her. She had a feeling that it was different from other beasts as for one, it had purpose and that was her. For whatever caused it to turn into a beast, Lea was determined to find out.

"Wait at the borders." She briefly said as she slid away from everyone's sight, like a Spirit she was. This method of disappearing had become a norm while they were in Redfield and even at times scares the heck of Bright. He was terribly bad with apparitions. Not that anyone could blame him.

Thus as soon as she dispersed, Bright was already several steps away. Oliver, however, wanted to follow behind Lea, and so did Victor. Dutifully, they followed right on her heels.

Feeling left out, Bright had no choice but to chase after the ghostly Lea. His lips were pale, and his blue eyes glittered with fear. But he pressed on with his shaky legs. Hamsphant and Phoenix were absorbed in their own little world. They have been awfully close as of late that even the former was not too keen on Lea as much as before. A mystery indeed, but one that does not need pieces to solve.

•  •  •

As they got closer, the somber sounds increased in volume. More heartfelt than before, and more familiar... Lea briefly wondered why no one recognized the beast, then she realized, the girl that turned into a beast was not welcomed very well by others. Suddenly, Lea felt sympathy for the girl who always antagonized her every chance she got.

She never did anything truly mean or even cruel. She was just a girl absorbed by her emotions. And powerful enough to be engulfed by her dissatisfaction. The essences granted her will and gave her more power, in exchange for what rationality that was left within her small frame. Lea then remembered her conversation with Illson in regards to Oliver's statement.

As much as essences are convenient, they have too great of a power to abuse.

["Imhe..."]

Her claws were bloody with what might be human's, while her root-like secondary feet wiggled about

Her claws were bloody with what might be human's, while her root-like secondary feet wiggled about. Her arm was fiery, while the other icicle. And all around her, gale of electricity roamed about, protecting her most important organ; the heart. She had several horns, and her mouth was wide open with bloody stitches. Her eyes devoid of life, her breathe no longer human.

Escaping the life of a low born, landing in the palm of misfortune. 

She was one hell of a sad girl, and Lea could clearly see how bad it turned out. Lea felt sad. Sad for the beast in front of her. But sadness cannot provide any help for the lonely beast girl.