24: Foreign Entity | 1 |

~Chlad~

Hovering up in the sky, not far from the high buildings of Chlad spied a group of five that sat on the back of a flying beast. Looking divine, they smelt trouble brewing within the capital.

One of them was Izaya with his fiery red hair and golden eyes, he had asked Lea to remain above to observe the current state of the city. Last he remembered, the city was full of people with normal citizens mingling with the soldiers alike. However, below them was a sight anyone with the right mind would like to run away from.

No civilians on any street could be seen. However, soldiers amassed every nook and cranny. Stores were closed. Houses were shut tight. From time to time, a small beast could be seen scurrying about.

"Are you sure there was no trouble before you left?" Raize asked Izaya quietly.

With a frown on his handsome features, Izaya bobbed in agreement. "I was ordered to lookout for any signs of trouble. Remembering back, they didn't allow me to bring more than 6 of my men. I was confused then, but I was used to being given orders abruptly without questions asked." His grave voice resonated with everyone.

"How do we get in now?" Asked Bright, joining the serious conversation.

Silence governed the sky. Then Raize suddenly caught everyone by surprise by his words.

"It seems you are not welcome. It would be strange at this point if you came back out of nowhere. Why do you think they would want you out of the picture?"

"....My rank?" Suggested Izaya looking clueless.

Ulla pondered and she caught Raize's gaze. With a nod, she said. "You received your General title not a long while ago. Right after that, they strangely sent you on a patrol mission when you are supposed to be a General of one of their legions."

"Now that you mention it, that is indeed strange." Raize said. His thoughts running deeper by the minute. "Conspiracy?"

Lea, who was silent all the while opened her mouth to ask, "Why did you get promoted?"

To her question, Bright casually answered. "Isn't it because he has the skills? Isn't that usually what happens?"

"Pardon me, Izaya. You were a slave. Discrimination must run deep amongst your ranks, but is that really all?" Her gaze deeply focused on Izaya's changing expressions. From clueless, to questioning, to bewilderment and to realization.

Before Izaya could respond, Ulla said in response to Lea's inquiry. "He wields an incredible power that can single handedly oppose hundreds of men in a battlefield. What is this power you have, Izaya?"

He could only ask with more bewilderment, "How do you know...?"

"Our tribe produces seers every few hundred years. Ulla here is the last to posses such extraordinary skills." Lea said immediately without batting an eyelash.

Ulla simply nodded in assent. "Yes. I've seen a bit of your past, sorry. But I can't know everything. So tell us, then we might be able to come up with a plan."

"This is all very strange. You guys are an unusual bunch, but in a good way." He said with a wry smile. "I can hear a voice in my head, but I know I am sane. I'm not sure how powerful its usage can be because I have only ever listened to it once."

Ulla nodded in understanding. "A strange voice that could allow you to do what?"

"At that time, I was desperate to save my now ex General. Desperation must have made me crazy and I started hearing a voice telling me to call forth calamity by its word.