46: Reincarnation of Lea

"You should not have existed."

".....I-I-I don't w-want to hurt you...."

"Then don't. I'll end your cowardly self myself."

"...You can still be saved.... Just believe in me, please...."

"No matter when, I will never, ever, trust you."

"....S-sis..ter...... I love you....."

"......"

"..."

_______________

Across the snowy fields, a small town lit by balls of extraordinary light could be seen even from 2 miles away. The people were gathered at the square, holding their breathe, as a baby was brought up in the air for everyone to see.

"The Priestess is finally born!!" Announced the old woman who was carrying the baby.

"Priestess! Our Savior!!" Exclaimed the masses.

To their incomprehensible shouts, the baby remained silent. This aroused suspicions to most people in the crowd.

"Why is the baby not making any sounds? Is it dead?" Whispered one villager.

"No-! It can't be. We can't let her die... We need the priestess to save this filthy world!!"

"Elder!! Why is the baby not creating any sound?!" Asked another to the old woman on the stage.

To his query, the old woman who was called the Elder replied, "She is alive that is for sure! But she shouldn't be ordinary if she is our priestess, so it's normal for her not to make any sounds!"

And at her words, a light so bright shimmered from the baby.

In a blink of an eye, the baby was no longer in her hands. What appeared, however, was a child of 3. Her eyes of ruby hues, while her beautiful face placid. She looked on to the crowd, a frown creased her lovely face. Her light purple hair dancing with the wind.

Everyone gasped with awe. "She is not a priestess! She is a goddess!!"

And at the villagers exclamation, everyone cheered. "It's a miracle that has yet to occur for the last 2,000 years!! The town of Milke will be prosperous once again!!"

"But which goddess bestowed us the child?"

"Couldn't it have been the Goddess Sabrina?"

"She should be, right? She won the lands after all!"

"Yes, yes. A Goddess Send. What is her name, Elder?"

"Lea." Was what the child said before the Elder could respond.

"................." Silence surrounded the square with only the snowy winds in the air.

Everyone's mouth agape. "Holy.... She can speak!! The priestess can speak already!!"

"......You... Are you not the priestess...?" Asked the Elder. Her wrinkled face was even more wrinkled with her frown.

"Tell me about being a priestess." Was all the child said before boring her glare on the Elder as if everyone around her were simply beneath her.

[Lea's Mind]

"Child. Listen. These are your people... Treat them with care...."

"I don't need them." Lea thought to herself. Then the mysterious voice spoke once again.

"You are me. You won the battle. But even so, you are needed by these people."

"You killed me."