22: Rescued General | 1 |

♠ ♠     ♠ ♠ ♠     ♠ ♠   

Ulla dragged Lea back to their camp. When they finally settled with Bright still in his dreamland, Ulla finally took notice of the person who was beside Raize. "Who is this?"

"Izaya, introduce yourself." Raize simply said nonchalantly with his deadpan expression.

With a nod, Izaya released his throat with a cough. "First, I must give my thanks to you too as you are one of my savior's companions. Second, my name is Izaya. Simply Izaya. I have no last name since I was a slave prior to joining the army. I recently got promoted to General rank" With that, he received a congratulations from Ulla before he continued.

"Thanks. I am here right now. And I was in that detestable Grotto, thanks to the mercenaries you encountered and annihilated. They captured us weeks ago during one of my patrols with a few of my men. Only I survived for this long...."

He closed his eyes with a frown. Everyone understood how regretful he must feel for his and his fallen comrades' fate. After a while, a deep frown crept its way on Ulla's lovely face.

"...You said your name is Izaya. You were a slave, now a General. Don't tell me, you are under capital Chlad's legions?" Informed and inquired by Ulla with bated breathe.

Unconsciously, Raize widened his dark obsidian eyes.

He knew Ulla was unconscious when Izaya asked him if they could accompany them to Chlad so that he could express his gratitude. There was only one conclusion he could have ended up with of why Ulla knew of that fact. With a gulp, he once again realized they never seem far away from the game's plot.

A nod answered Ulla's inquiry. Her eyes widened in surprise. She looked on Raize only to be met with unreadable eyes. Then she turned her gaze on Lea who seemed lost in her thoughts. She returned her gaze on Izaya who seemed confused by her reaction.

"How will you repay us in Chlad?" Was all she could ask.

At her words, Izaya looked confused. However, a moment spent, he replied. "I hope to have you stay in my home if you have nowhere to go. From there, I could provide you and assist you with whatever your purpose was. You are my saviors, I want to do what I can to repay my debt with my life at stake."

To his reply, Ulla understood. Izaya saw them as special individuals in his life at this point. And even if she wanted him to forget everything that had happened, Izaya would never be able to do so.

The character Izaya in the game was a serious youth with an unapproachable presence. However, he treated those he respect, admire and love with utmost care. He would be a loving son to his parents, a doting father to his children and an over protective lover to his wife or girlfriend. Ulla escaped an involuntary gulp. She might not know where their position stood in Izaya's life, but she concluded they coincidentally changed the course of the story once again.

"And if we refuse to have you repay us?" Raize uttered, looking intently at Izaya.

Izaya was surprised with Raize's changed atmosphere, but he replied in kind. "I will have to do it my way."

With his words, the hearts of three became one. They felt hollow inside and out.

"The End." Was all Lea said to herself.

And as if on cue, Bright suddenly sat right up with a scream. "Ahhhhh!!! LEA LEA LEA!! HALP!! HA---- mmmbfpptt-!!"

His mouth was immediately covered by a soft hand. His blue eyes slowly calmed down and turned his gaze to the owner of the hand. His eyes meeting deep ruby eyes of contempt. He involuntary gulped.