82: Solitario Isle

Tock tock tock were the sounds only Lea could hear. The dropping sound of water that resounds over the walls underground.

"Explain."
She found Oliver's request ridiculous and hard to accept, especially after everything that was done for his nation, or what was left of everything else in Ingrid.

Stopping himself from another round of pacing, Oliver hid his hands underneath his external robe that acted as a thick coat for the cold whether. Gazing on Lea's determined eyes, he begun.
"I want to see more of the world and become an even wiser ruler than the previous generations.

"Knowing how bad it is above ground in most parts of Ingrid, I cannot afford to cope myself with my people. They need knowledge, and I shall learn more for them."

Lea pondered his worlds for three seconds. "I understand." Oliver had the best chance to survive outside thanks to his innate talent and his tame over a legendary beast. His argument was the second consideration she thought.

"Are you sure?" He sounded doubtful at Lea's easy persuasion. She simply smiled amicably in response as she stood up to leave. "We are leaving now. And, thanks for the jewelries."

Relieved, Oliver scurried after Lea. In the previous chances they met, Oliver had sneakily inserted different sorts of precious stones and jewelries into Lea's bag pockets. Since he started doing so, Lea did not have to worry about money during her travels towards Sabio.

She was the only one to notice of course.

.

"Bright. Are you staying?"

"WHAT???!!! No!" He swiftly pushed away the clingy females and ran towards Lea's side, grabbing for her sleeve. "Not when you are not around."

She raised a brow as she glanced at his hand holding her sleeve, then she turned to the amazing glares of women. "Deja Vu?" Oblivious to her, a similar situation have indeed happened before, in their previous world.

"Did you say something?" Bright queried upon seeing Lea's thoughtful expression.

She glanced up his ever cheerful face and sighed. "No." Then she hauled herself up Hamsphant, offering her hand to Bright.

He was conflicted. Accepting Lea's offer would make him look like a wimp, but refusing would be too disrespectful to Lea's consideration. After a second of thought, Bright chose the former. The gull sounds of women decreased.

"Good choice." She said with a lopsided smile, only then did Bright understand her intentions.

"You could have just told me if you didn't fancy them." He offhandedly said with amusement.

"It was fun while it lasted."

"You mean, while the difference in sound made a full cycle. Well, sorry if we do not have a music console here!"

"I keep wondering. Why do you even know such high level words?" Lea thought, disregarding Bright's suspicious eyes on her.

".......The number you have—"

"Alright. I bet you don't have a voice message built-in."

"I sure do! 'Please leave a message after the beep.' Beeeeeeeeeeep! Please leave your message.

"Press 1 for regular delivery.
"Press 2 for urgent mail.
"------"

"Broken phone. I better change it."

Lea then proceeded to ignore Ingrid's bored talks, such as how one man had his underwear outside his pants due to the recent panic.

"Lea?"