139: Novel - Usurping The World Without Magic, But With Charms (1)

Who would have known in their long passage of life that they would meet their match in just over a few centuries? None of the elders could have guessed that a mere girl could suddenly topple their generations of expensive research, which have resulted in their goal of extending life more than any study of medicine could ever provide. Hearing the girl's cold clear voice that vibrated in Morpheus Hall, their thoughts of tomorrow were pulled out of their mind. While their body subconsciously shook with confusion, nervousness and fear.

How would you cope, if one day all your hopeful days end abruptly without notice. When suddenly, your dreams that were just a step away vanish into oblivion and never to be seen again? It's not just hopelessness, but worse than bleakness. 

With their throats dry, their faces pale and eyes glossy with tearless plea, they looked and unconsciously anticipated the girl's next words. Then her vivid and powerful voice resounded in the otherwise stark white hall, faintly echoed by the glassed walls, containers and utensils.

"Eye for an eye; tooth for a tooth. Whatever you've done, you shall experience them all!"

Just as her words paled in their surroundings, Spirits around appeared and invoked their will to envelop the three awestrucked elders still in stupor. Their expressions displayed confusion, wishing everything was but a dream. Unfortunately, karma exist for every crime.

Within a few seconds, the elders were no longer where they rigidly stood, but inside each glassed containers. Trying to breath their way out, bubbles formed within the previously calm green water. The elders' skin changed to glossy white, as if oil and high level of nourishment were consumed.

Submerged in green liquid, drowned to suffocation, drunk through the nose, eyes viciously attacked by sourness, all the while unable to willfully blink!

Three pitiful bodies contained in separate glassed containers, tortured simultaneously in their own special concoction. Not a sound could be heard by the entities outside, yet their desperate shrills resound through their mental waves that continuously assault the spiritual entities. However, their agonies only made the Spirits feel satisfaction.

Spirits were not allowed to harm anything, but only to nurture. This was their detrimental defect. Knowing as such, Lea could only have them assist her purpose while personally bearing the role of the executioner. However, this was enough for the long buried hatred between the Apostles and the Spirits. 

It was at this time that the sounds of clacking noises could be heard; sounds of approaching footsteps seemingly calm and elegant in nature.

Stopping just at the double-sided doors to Morpheus Hall, an elegant youth with crimson eyes looked upon the nefarious scene. Then came his leisurely voice tinged with amusement and indifference, saying "And here I was wondering why the communicators have stopped functioning when I only made the updates recently. Elders, you seem to be having some fun bathing inside a unique bathtub..."

Hearing the youth's calm assessment, everyone but the elders suddenly felt threatened. Lea especially felt some tension in the air, but her face still did not express anything. Void with emotion even in her eyes, she looked straight at the youth dressed in white and face reminding her of a familiar boy.

Although she knew who he was, she also deduced he wasn't. As such, she was feeling very cautious by not saying anything at all.

A moment of silence reigned the white hall, while the elders continuously bubbled their way to life, knowing they'll feel suffocated but not die. Their brain was starting to hurt, while their limbs were beginning to grow rigid. Only, they were never gonna escape through death when not granted.