13: Fear | 1 |

~Mingzhe Dei Open Square~

"This is getting boring. Wake me up when it's her turn?" Asked Bright sounding lethargic.

Ulla eyed him like he was some sort of pest. "Lazy kid..."

"Oi... You added a word in that... I just can't... Why are they even participating here when obviously they don't have much in a way of battle skills..."

"They don't know that, Bright." Raize said offhandedly.

"Exactly. They are being used without their awareness to the seriousness of what is to come." She said, looking forlorn while observing the crowd of people who were cheering and moving her gaze to the examinees.

While they were distracted with Bright, a handsome youth with striking lavender hair went up the podium. Lea's attention suddenly turned on him. 'He is dangerous...' She thought. Looking left and right, she noticed nobody seemed to have noticed how unusual the youth's expression was. Her muscles tensed as her ruby eyes fiercely glared at the youth.

The youth on the podium walked to its center, examined the crowd and wore his wicked smile. Despite his handsome features, he had a dangerous air about him. A pressure Lea understood to be dangerously unpredictable.

Aside from Lea, Bright also perked up and intensely gazed on the purple haired youth. His instinct told him he should immediately run away from the vicinity. Much like his reaction, the fox on Lea's head changed its stance at ready to protect against anything coming its way.

Thinking he'd start displaying his skills immediately, everyone was surprised to hear his voice call out to the crowd. "I'd like to ask a volunteer." Was all he said, still wearing an expression as if he was hiding something amusing that others wouldn't like to know.

"Is that even allowed?" Asked Raize. To his question, none of his classmates knew.

One excited boy volunteered after a while and was asked to stand on the same podium. He did not know the consequences, and so did everyone else. "Are you ready to stake your life?" The purple haired man asked quietly to the boy. At this, the boy simply nodded. "Hm!"

"You gave me your word. Do your best to survive then." With his words, the boy was left with a question. 'What does that mean?'

In response to his unuttered thoughts, the purple haired youth summoned a glowing iron cage. Everyone's eyes widened. The friends of the boy looked quite worried by this time.

"I present to you, [Nightmare Prison]" He announced, and continued his speech after the pause. "Using my skills in essence manipulation and blade throwing, please watch as this boy receives my dance..."

True to his words, he immediately produced sharp daggers that seemed to scream death. Handling his daggers skillfully, he threw one in the air only for it to disappear and reappear on the boy's back, cursing through its tiny bony backbone.

His actions tore a gasp from the audience. Their expressions horrified, a few have started to try and move away from the square. Nobody seemed to think of saving the boy out of his cage.

Ulla felt a sharp pang in her chest. "N-no... The boy... Guys?!" She turned to look at her classmates, expecting them to do something. However, to her disappointment, Lea and Raize had a serious look on their usually blank face. While Bright was already gone. She went limp. She never knew something so dreadful could happen in front of her eyes, but what could she do against a savage youth whom she didn't know anything about.

The purple haired youth's smile deepened. Listening to the painful sounds of the boy who was slouched on the ground, the purple haired youth readied another dagger. This time, however, the once single dagger multiplied to 6!