S11: Sabrina

⚜ 

  ⚜ 

Yatsohara is a nation different from the rest. It is a land divided by poor little towns, commonly described as tribes. The land can barely be unified due to different values and education. However, since the whole nation is poor and diverse, they have little to no means to go up against other nations.

But within this land exists a place where Spirits dwell. With industrialization mostly absent, the Spirits could occupy the land freely and with less fear for the Apostles to get in the way of their lives.

Sabrina was on her way to such a Spirit Sanctuary: the Edda Forest Mountain. Spirits are numbered, but they are far more within the sanctuary. Living in peace, they continue to strive for the future.

As she looked up to see the unreachable peak of the mountain covered by fog, she steeled her crimson eyes with determination. She knew what she had to do.

Upon her entrance, she was met with rejection. She could not enter the foot of the mountain. And she knew why. She then gathered her essences within, causing her to shimmer with a strange light. Little by little, she became one with the wind, killing her human body in the process. Next moment, she was gone.

And within the mysterious mountain cloaked by fog, a strange gathering has taken place. At the centre, a familiar soul dimmed, slowly dying with time. A voice was then heard, in a most peculiar language.

"Placet auxilium...." Sabrina pled.

The several cluster of essences transformed to things akin to humans and some into animals. One of them spoke, "Evanescet, Dea enim malitiæ!" The Spirit shunned in placid tone.

"Help me, please. Against the Apostles, we can win! There is a girl who shows promise, and she was born from the essences by my sister, Ingrid. You adored her, did you not?"

The Spirits were quiet. They appeared expressionless, but Sabrina could read the different thoughts they were going through. It was similar to two thousand years ago. Despite the nostalgia, in her heart, Winter has yet to take its leave. Her hatred for the past has bore a deeper scar to her soul.

"Your sister... So different from you who brought evil to these peaceful lands..." The Spirits falsely accused, but Sabrina did not mind one bit. "Where has she gone?"

"Almost gone."

Her voice did not have a tinge of remorse, and some of the Spirits appeared apprehensive to her indifference.

"You Goddess of Calamity should have never survived."

"I wish so too. Will you hear me out in exchange for the whole world to change?"

"By change, do you mean by the child you mentioned? Creation of Ingrid?"

Sabrina was growing dimmer by the minute, but she has yet to show any signs of anxiousness nor fear for her life. She was determined to appear imposing and strong in front of her former enemies. "I believe so. She has the support you can never gather by yourselves, and she will need your help as well. The young representative in Eden seems to have taken an interest in her as well. So as I and my son."

"You are suggesting we leave everything on the hands of a young girl? What preposterous idea! Begone, foolish human goddess."

"This is another chance to destroy the Apostles once and for all. Unlike before, you have more support for the incoming war. If you do not trust me, at least meet her once!" She was losing her strength, trying to keep her soul in one piece. She was born a living Spirit, thus she was incapable of living without a vessel. But in order to get help, she disregarded her vessel that has served her for so many years.

It was a reckless move, but desperate times calls for desperate measures. She knew the Spirits would pay her no mind if she did not appear too foolish, and she has succeeded at drawing their attention to her dual cause; revenge and annihilation of the Apostles.

"......We do not trust you, but we shall give in this once. If you are making a fool out of us this time as well, your son will pay the price. He does not know of his father, yes? I'm sure you can't simply reveal that to him.... Goddess of Calamity, begone."

Without hearing Sabrina's response, the Spirits dispersed. The soul of Sabrina was left alone, being held together by what little essences she has left. Her life numbered, she felt a tinge of regret. She had thought the Spirits would still find some uses for her, giving her the chance to extend her life in another vessel. Contrary to her expectations, the Spirits have decided to abandon her to her fate.

Her sins heavy, the Spirits could care less for whatever happens to her.

"...Ashe... I'm so sorry...." She whispered quietly.

And she was gone. Her soul shattered in silence.

Somewhere between Eden and Yatsohara, Ashe and Lea stirred. The former felt a sting in his chest, but he remained ignorant to the cause. The latter looked up to the sky thoughtfully, whispering the Twin Goddesses' names.

"....Ingrid.....
"...Sabrina.........." Her ruby eyes spoke of abysmal sadness. But deep within her mind, hope continues to light a path. Someday, she hopes for the twins to live in peace. To live the life they both deserve.

The essences in the air stirred. Slowly, change is happening.
.
.
.

Within Eden, an underground metropolis occupies almost all the expanse of the nation's infrastructure. Steampunk machines and vehicles are widespread. It is a whole new world below. A city never seen before by most in the world.

And at the core of the huge metropolis, a tower so intimidating stood its place rigidly. It shelters many members of the infamous Apostles, but for what they are truly called, they had their own term.

Robed individuals roamed about. Some were running to get things done, while others were standing as they continued to converse with others of their kind. They were all wearing different masks to cover a portion or the whole of their face.

It appears it is part of their tradition.

An organized society, which reflects their intelligence and advancement in technology and societal forms. This is the sort of metropolitan that is against the world. A devastating difference to the world above. And their might is ready to vanquish the legions above...

.

War is upon every soul. Will there be escape?

[A/N: Don't worry guys. This is not tagged as tragedy, so... Don't cry?

As everyone is aware, every war creates devastation, loss, deaths and ultimately sadness that leads to depression. Life should be more than conflict. Look to your side. Look to your family, friends, pets and even coworkers. Think about them, and help them smile. That is what makes everyone happy, and help strive one another into understanding.

Sometimes, it only takes for one to be less selfish. :)

Loves y'all.]