36: Scent of Death | 1 |

"....--oing here?"

"I... I can't.. stay away from you, M'Lord...."

"Don't cross the line...! We can't be found out now..."

"But... but... M'Lord.. Everything is crumbling to dust... I can see it...!"

"No... It can't be... We still got time, so go back to your room... Now!"

".....*Sob--*"

Their whispered voices faded into the light. A shadow revealed a silhouette of a woman, moving to the opposite direction of where Lea and Seth were waiting to be discovered only to feel relieved.

"...Mistress?" Seth guessed. The woman was wearing servant sleepwear, and based on their conversation, they were in a relationship.

Before they begun their mission, they also read through Marquis Yvenn's background information and they both remember the man has a wife.

"......" Silence was Lea's response to Seth's usual guess works, but she did not forget to nod in assent. "Safe. Carry on."

Ignoring the previous conversation of the two people in the household, who were both suspiciously awake late in the night, Lea and Seth continued to sneak into the 3rd floor.

No creaks, only silence. Third floor, second room. Was locked.

"......" Lea brought her pins and started unlocking the door lock. A sigh of relief escaped her mouth for the lock could still be picklocked.

Observing her intently was Seth. He was manipulating his essences to feel their surroundings at 3 miles radius wide. His hearing impeccable.

There was only the soft sounds of Lea's handiwork, but it was not for long and the both of them sneaked into the Office. The room revealed several papers, books and documents on every table floor.

Using a ball of concentrated essences, Lea illuminated the darkness. Seth did the same. Both went into separate corners of the room in search of a measly Account Records that was gathered by the Prince Faction only to be kept by a secret member of the Emperor Faction.

The Shadows Organization knew a lot of things about what was going on in the surface, and Lea could clearly understand why a record could ruin the current balance.

The organization wants the war to happen, but it was not the time yet. Lea planned to do whatever she can to prevent it from happening, thus her current predicament.

"...Found it." She whispered. With Seth's hearing, he immediately looked up and met Lea's ruby eyes with a nod.

And in a heartbeat, the Office was empty once again, with its door locked. The shadows had escaped within the cloak of the darkness.

In one of the Inn's in Mingzhe Dei sat a pair of beautiful individuals. "Smooth success once again. Your skills and knowledge is beyond me, Lea."

"....." To Seth's offhanded remark, silence was once again her response. Seth was used to the treatment since long ago, and he never took it to heart knowing Lea personally.

She was reading through the documents without paying attention to her surroundings. She trusted her companion to watch out if there was any unusual entities in their surroundings without a word.

The fox on her lap was continuously being stroked as she focused her mind and ruby eyes on the files in her hand.

Seth was standing by the window, observing the night sky, when Lea had finished studying the documents.