SS4: A Certain Transmigrator | 1 |

~A Certain Man's PoV~

When my consciousness awoke, I almost died from drowning. If it weren't for my previous life's occupation, I might have most likely died.

Bewildered and lost for a moment, I realized I was at a location I didn't recognize.

I wondered for a second if my chasers had captured me while I was going around in one of my nightly duties. But I soon realized that my current body was not of my own.

Looking over my arms, I could see scars caused by either a whip or a sharp object like that of a knife or a sword. Maybe both.

Looking down to my feet, huge iron shackles bound each of my ankle to allow little movement.

I then deduced this body must have been a slave. And it seemed my soul completely synchronized with this body as I don't feel out of place. Well, aside from the empty stomach and sour throat. Not to mention, I'm starting to feel cold from just getting out of the ocean with only a shirt and trouser.

I'm not even wearing an underwear too!! Ah, forget that part...

Know what? Forget everything.

Looking towards the opposite direction of where the ocean was, a big lively city could be seen.

I can see different lights despite it being very dark in the night.

With painful steps, I desperately worked my way through the stoney beach without any footware. With every few paces, I could feel old injuries opening up. But the blood was less worrying compared to what was coming for me.

I needed to go through a gravel path to reach the city entrance, and I'm not confident I would last very long.

With trembling legs and a shaky torso, I dragged and walked my way through.

So very painful. I will never forget this night, ever.

A long while past and I'm reaching my goal. Cold sweat bathing my face and back, but I couldn't give up. I had to wonder why I was determined to survive if she was not in this world. And with my current appearance and possibly complicated situation, I knew it would be a very difficult path to endure.

But in the corner of my head, there was a tiny phrase--- what if. It was a very optimistic drive, but I found myself realizing that it was also unfair that I had to die without even learning where I currently am.

Not long after, I found myself collapsed upon reaching the other side of the entrance.

Good job me. Now, let us just sleep for a while and wait for a kind hearted person to pick us up.... or.....
kindly bury the body... Well, shit.

But I was simply too tired to make another movement. Even thinking had become a drag.

So I slept. A sleep so great that by the time I opened my foreign eyes, I was basking under the warm light of an expensive-looking chandelier. What was I saying, chandeliers are expensive in itself!

Where am I? Who am I?
I kid the last part.

Giving the room a swift glance, I then procured that a rich person indeed picked me up.