93: Here or There?

Lea and company remained in Sabio for a week before deciding upon Ashe's method of crossing between two continents. During the week, Bright made sure they stacked up on food and other supplies, such as clothes, herbs and materials for weapon maintenance. Although he uses a steel rod to fight, there would be a likely chance they could acquire blades along the way. It would be useful to have a sharpener ready. For how he knew what to bring, only he knows.

As usual, while Lea was investigating the wide ocean that keeps Sabrina and Ingrid apart, Victor was on her heel. This time, however, so was Ashe. With two beastly spirits behind her back, none dared approach. Thus, making her analysis efficient and within a short span of time. Although Ashe was not necessary, she thought it would be useful to have the two as effective wards. She did not want to bother with unnecessary fights as the beasts roaming about in Ingrid were all trying to live every day as well. Some of them might be humans, but they are beasts now. And they have to live with that reality. 

.

"The tide is high. The wind is strong. Do you have confidence we will survive this?" 

To Lea's query, Ashe looked at the horizon line. "Yes. With no problems, and only in a matter of few hours."

She gave a nod and walked off to fetch her belongings, which included Bright. "After you then." She informed, making sure she was speaking with her mouth to guide Bright to what was going on. He was following closely right behind her, along with the ever quiet Victor. His bag was huge and heavy, but with his strength, it was manageable. He really has improved after a year, and he grew a few centimeters taller. But no one has yet to notice.

Bringing up two fingers into his mouth, a whistle was blown. A very loud one. "Vreeeeeeeeeeeeeeooow!". Lea winched at the sound, but otherwise, remained stoic. And in the next moment, a huge body of water loomed over them, like a tsunami. But instead of being splashed by water, a mythical serpent appeared. 

When they laid their eyes on the majestic beast, they would have thought it was the King of the ocean himself. Alas, it was merely one of the sea beasts because after he revealed himself, another greeted Lea and the others by the port. Their sea green eyes glowed with interest and might. They were powerful.

Then they heard Ashe whisper a foreign language, which caught Lea's interest instantaneously. Thereupon, she wished to learn it herself. But she has to wait. 

A growl was heard, but not for fear. It was a signal for the others to ride on their silky hair on top of their scales. For demonstration, Ashe himself jumped on the head where he could grab a hold of a couple amongst the several horns of the mighty sea serpent. Bright gulped at the sight, and he briefly thought of opting to crafting his own boat to which he dismissed immediately as he glanced on Lea's excited ruby eyes. He could see she was drooling to ride on top of the sea beast with her usual unimpressed facial muscles. With a quiet sigh, he resigned his fate under the watchful eyes of the sea gods.

 With a quiet sigh, he resigned his fate under the watchful eyes of the sea gods