79: Pre~New Era

The dark underground grew even darker.

Within, several shadow strings hang from one surface of the room to another.

Disgusting vile creatures oozing out of every crevices.

A lone whimper of a dog could be heard, but not for long.

------------------------------------------

"Brother, Stop your nonsense."

"....Are you disobeying me? I'm just doing what is good for you, sister..."

"I understand now, brother. I know you love me, but trapping me alone is never gonna change anything. I want Sabio gone. Ingrid is too late."

"What do you mean by too late???!! Are you aware I'm listening to all your nonsense?"

Ignoring Ingrid's comment, Lea continued. "You know who caused this destruction. With the King gone---"

"What? Did you say the King of Sabio is dead?"

"Yes, and it won't be long now before Drakon makes their claim. You need to search for your father soon, or..."

".....Tsk."

"I'm sorry, brother."

"It's okay, sister. Thank you for reminding me. To eradicate Sabio means everyone will have to evacuate. With no other safer place than Sabrina, huge ships will be required."

"Please arrange them, brother. For your sake, and everyone's."

"My sake?"

"Your reputation here hangs in balance. If you care for your current family, you should think of their reputation. You being here means a lot to the people who knows."

Kiel's grey eyes widened to the realization. "You've grown smarter."

"Thanks to you, brother." A small smile revealed, the siblings looked into each other's eyes fondly. "I'll be with you shortly. I need to take care of some things before Ingrid gets too much to handle."

"If I don't see you. I'll find you. I promise that."

"Oh, brother. I wonder why I've started feeling anxious everytime I hear those words. But thank you."

And with their quick farewell, Lea departed.

Just outside Kiel's stronghold, Raize and Seth welcomed her return. Their indifferent expression ever so alike. "What's the news?" 

"What happened to your clothes...?" Asked Lea, looking at the bloody mess of their getup.

Seth and Raize looked into each other's eyes and shrugged. "Just a little something."

"Okay. I will leave post haste. Brother has agreed to do what he can to ship everyone to Sabrina."

"What about Mingzhe Dei?" Concerned, Seth asked.

"That's where I am heading right now. I want you two-- Wait, where's Nia?" Looking behind their back, there was no sign of Nia whom she left behind underground. She would have thought the pair brought him above.

With another shrug, Raize replied. "He is just somewhere. Don't worry."

Although she feared about their lies, she did not say anything more. "Alright. I want you two to protect the people. If you can do something about the beast within the city, there will be less things to worry about. I'm sorry for leaving it all on you."