77: The Storm

Imhe was found by herself in one alley, fending herself off dangerous group of men. It seems she is rather popular by a certain crowd. But she was not happy at all.

"Let go, bastards!" She exclaimed, trying not to fire away her essences. But she certainly was almost at her limit.

"B$%&^, don't complain. We just want a little help."

"Help, my a&^! I know what you are. I know what you intend to do with me." She accused, pulling away her arm that was being restrained. "Let go, or you'll get it for good!"

Her threats were a tickle to their ears, and she could hear them laughing at her mockingly. "Ha ha ha... Cute..."

"I'm liking her more and more, boss. Just get on with it already."

"Are you ordering me now??"

"N-No. I can't wait anymore...."

Their breathes roughing up, Imhe felt her back shiver with cold. "LET GO!!!"

But the grip was strong, and then even her other free hand was restrained. Cornered on a wall, she was in a dangerous situation.

"Hehehehe, you are so cute... Why were you walking by yourself, lass?" Asked the man who was considered the boss. His long tongue slowly drawing closer to Imhe's face.

But before he could ever lick her, Imhe fired away a strong gust of wind. This surprised the group, but her effort was not something they could not handle. Their weight was too heavy for the gust to push them away.

Another element appeared, and this time, they were sharp icicles. But much to her dismay, the thugs were able to defend themselves from her essence manipulation. "How...? How could this be...?" She felt herself growing weak.

Above a tall building, a silhouette with crimson eyes observed the whole event unfolding, and it disappeared with a blink of an eye.

-----------------------------

Gasping for air, Imhe poured every imaginations she could muster with her essences to put some distance between her and the skilled thugs. They have yet to use their guns on her as they intended to use her alive for their amusement. Just the thought of it made Imhe shudder once again.

"...Ha.... a-ha..." She was almost at her limit. The realization pained her deep within. Remembering the moment before the events leading to her current predicament. She was spending time with Duran and Nia when she heard a conversation between Kiel and Raize just outside the room they were in.

---------

"What you are doing is just not right, Kiel. No matter if you are her brother, or someone who have feelings for her." Raize said, his voice stern and cold.

"It has nothing to do with you, Raize. Don't interfere. No matter what, I have the most right in whatever I do to protect my sister from everyone like me."

"....You are making a big mistake."

"I was regretful that I couldn't continue protecting her myself, but now that I am back, I won't let anyone get close to her. Especially you. I'm warning you."

"*Sigh* There's no point talking to you. I am sure she'll do something when you get worse. I just hope she won't have to be hurt when she does. Not after finally meeting you.... again.." Wincing at his own words, Raize turned around to leave, not waiting for Kiel's retort.