108: Who are the victims, really?

As the shadow mists that covered Drakon dispersed, the undetected Tower of Oblivion is revealed. With its towering mass of stones, echoes of despair sings throughout the thick walls. And with every wail, came the sounds of chains and whip slashes.

The citizens of Sabio are silently being tortured by human puppets hired by the Rathir manor. Unbeknownst to them, the ducal house is no more, and what is left in the fief are humans soon to be under the control of the Apostles. Despite the minor setback brought upon by Raize and Lea, it does not stop the Apostles from taking control of what is left of Drakon. Sooner, if not later, another legion will come marching down the capital city of the said nation, conquering every fief under certain nobles, including Rathir.

Amongst the captured citizens of Sabio is a man who is proud and wealthy. His name is Carlitus Royce Slade. His pale skin drenched with blood, underneath, lies a tattered skin. And his face is ashen with tears and sweat mingling together with dirt. His appearance similar to those slaves he used to mercilessly sell as objects, he felt pity for himself, but not for others that are cowering beside him.

Before him, several human meat sprawled in a pool of blood. Everyone is nervous for their turn, for they were tortured by cycle. From one person to another, they are whipped to rot until one can tell who caused the premature destruction of Sabio, causing the plans of their master to fail. Their master who had secretly escaped one night, under the watchful eyes of the twin moons.

"Tell me now, you pieces of s--t!! What is the name of your puny organization that released that demon?!" Inquired a masked man aloud as he continued to dance his arms with the whip in his hand on a young girl's pitiful body. His eyes expressed indifference, and his only purpose is his master's orders. 'Track down the leaders of the Rebellion Group', is all they were told to do and paid for.

Amongst the harsh whippings came a small voice. "I-I know who they are!! Let my sister go....."

The voice is owned by a street urchin, covered in grease and dust, as well as blood. His face masked with worry and anxiousness for his sister's life, and for whatever secrets his little mind is keeping. His voice quivered at his declaration, and so did a certain number in the detained crowd. For whatever little information they knew, they were tasked to keep.

"Ohhh? Speak." Curious and thirsty for results, another masked man raised his face to ask. Unlike the masked man who had been whipping everybody else, he wears an aura of superiority, causing the rest to feel intimidated.

With a gulp, the urchin boy informed aloud in his increasingly fearful voice, "I-It's someone called K-K-.... Kiel Fang!"

"Clever boy.... Kill them off." Ordered the masked man as he walked out of the huge torture room. His mind already at work of who the prime suspect is, and where best to find his whereabouts, especially with fame that comes with the name.

Before their death's door, Cartilus suddenly struggled to raise himself up and exclaimed, "Wait! I'm with Sir Godwind. You can't kill me!!"

The retreating form of the masked man stopped at the door. He turned around with a curious look and said bemused, "The Apostles? Interesting.... My master may have some uses of you yet...." He muttered under his breath, and continued, "Spare the fatso."

As he closed the door behind him, darkness engulfed many people's lives.

Felicity Domain

With a jolt, Lea turned towards Drakon, a frown creasing her lovely face. Then came Raize's unusually concerned voice, "What is it, Lea?"

"Mass concentration of essences from where we just....." she muttered under her breath, indifference in her soft voice. But to those who knew her well could see the anxiousness in her deep set of ruby eyes.