113: Towards Eden Kingdom (3)

Amidst the tall lush green trees, a putrid smell hung in the air as two skilled men continued to exchange blows and blades. On the ground, a huge pool of blood drenched a number of half-naked warriors, deep wounds apparent and death loomed their beings. It was already too late to save all of them.

If one were to listen very carefully, there were whimpers amongst the sobs in the orchestra of the intense battle. This sounds belong to no other than the tribal princess of Yatsohara tribe, as well as fiance to Kiel's brother, Fredrick. One of the Eden Kingdom's great advisor in the court.

Hearing her devastated sounds, Liam felt more and more irritated. "Shut up, woman! Go run, hide or even kill yourself if you can't even move away!!" He could care less what happens to her. Just that he dislikes things that distracts his attention when fighting against a very strong opponent. Not expecting the person in front of him to be so skilled at manipulating the essences and equipped with strange tools he could not fathom, Liam felt he fell through a very unfortunate circumstance while surveying the nearby landscape.

In response to his shout, the princess simply whimpered some more cowering behind one of the trees. Her pretty features had turned haggard and her clothes could barely cover her important assets as a woman. But she did not mind as her despair was focused on her warriors--- her bodyguards.

It has been days, but Liam still could not escape from the murderer. He has been quite lucky at his escape while being followed by a helpless crowd that he perchance while leisurely having a walk. There was never a discussion. Everything was simply dumped right away towards him, and with it, he was also given the opportunity to die under someone's blade generously. Just that he refuses to die under anyone's blade other than Lea. The first person who defeated him with humiliation.

A defeat away from her was not an option for him. And thus he persevered. 

"Kuh! Haha. You are interesting. Ha ha..." Muttered the opponent wickedly, joyous to encounter someone strong like Liam. Even then, his attacks did not relent. He was much too excited to realize that he has been overworking his body just to exchange blows. His movements have slowed comparatively to Liam's calculative movements. Liam simply wants to last for a long while, always looking for an opportunity to escape further. 

Liam balanced his breathing with his steps and blocked a blade towards his face, he felt the tremor on his dagger with the impact. Despite the pain on his wrist, he protected further damage by layering his muscles with essences and coated his blade with poison with a flick of his other wrist.

In an instant, he discarded the dagger with a throw, aimed to his opponent's leg. But his attempt was seen through and the opponent timely evaded. As opposed to the expected, Liam smiled. 

He flicked his wrist once again and the dagger was retrieved, slicing a skin on the opponent's thigh. Right away, Liam could see his opponent slowing down even more. But the latter appears oblivious.

The two continued to exchange attacks just like that when suddenly, a strong gust of wind cut off their concentration. The next moment, everyone was speechless.

Time seemed to stop at the appearance of a couple of teenagers with their ominous black hair. Their presence carried a mysterious air and the ambiance changed in an instant to an eerie silence as if doom was upon everyone's head.

With a glance, Liam gulped in trepidation. He observed the two and recognized the guy beside the girl. He felt a keen familiarity with the girl, but her appearance obstructed a minimum of recollection in his mind. "Raize, right?" He backed off a few steps for precaution, while his opponent simply stood straight abandoning his fighting stance.