40: Troubled Quartet

"Where is Imhe?" 

"Raize, I'm asking that same question myself."

"I thought you were with her, Ulla"

"Can't. I get irritated as soon as I hear her whine."

"You do know that you are whining yourself right now."

"Fine."

Leaving Raize and Bright behind, Ulla joined the bustling marketplace in Chlad.

Bright was in the clouds when Raize gazed at him. "How close were you with Lea?"

Caught unguarded to the query, Bright observed Raize. "If you are really curious then maybe I should tell~?

"But what to do, I don't want to share." Bright said with a mischievous smile.

Looking at him, Raize shrugged his shoulders while shaking his head.

Unsatisfied, Bright continued, "You just want to listen people talk about her?"

Raize remained quiet.

"If you tell me what you think about her, I might consider." Bright said with a little more serious tone.

This caught Raize's attention. "Not telling."

Bright pouted his cute mouth. "It is really obvious, you know."

Not looking at Bright, Raize looked up at the sky.

"She loved looking up the sky. Always. You must be thinking of her every time you look up."

"......"

"And at night, before going to bed, you would miss her terribly."

".....----"

"When you wake up, you would realize there is something missing."

"What are you even saying?"

"What I feel." His blue eyes serious, Bright looked on Raize's unreadable expression.

"....Before you realize it, you are always searching for a trace of her." Was all Raize said before turning his back on Bright who widened his blue eyes.

"You finally admit." He said with smile, but a conflicted emotion in his eyes.

"........" His face unreadable, his mind was once again busy.

Bright was left to guard the vulnerable Raize from pickpockets and pick ups. There were too many people bumping their way.

Half an hour later, Ulla finally joined back dragging Imhe behind her.

"She was buying a whole store of clothes and potions."

"Whoa... Do we still have enough gold?" Asked Bright.

"Fortunately, yes. I asked for a refund, but they refused at first."

"As always. Excellent work Vice Pre~~!"

"Vice Pre?" Asked Imhe, confused by the new word.

"It's nothing. You don't need to know the word here~ Ha ha"

"You think." Chided Ulla, calling out for Raize. "Let's go?"

Glancing to their direction, Raize's eyes finally focused. "Hamsphant ran away, so it'll take us more than 2 months to actually reach Sabio by foot."

At his estimation, Imhe's face fell. "Can't we just buy a vehicle?"

"It'll be useful for training too, but let's buy one vehicle for our luggage." Agreed Raize.