131: Co-Op Tactics (1)

In the Central District where none had any residence nor anything but a huge plaza with several monuments encircling along the ring, Lea suddenly appeared, followed along by Japatu, Victor, Bright and Yun Na.

"What? Why are we here?" Extremely baffled, Bright couldn't help but asked, looking here and there all over the place. He could not draw a conclusion of why they changed locations to an even emptier place. At least in the jungle, they were militants, strange things and wild animals.

As usual, Lea has a bit more patience with the people she considers her friends, hence she slowly explained. "I want to meet with the authorities of this whole underground, and they are more likely to appear here."

Catching Lea's drift, Japatu immediately hastened to say, "Causing havoc with the beasts to forcefully catch their attention? Can we even handle them? Have you forgotten what they are most capable of when dealing with Spirits? We still haven't found a way to defend ourselves from their strange tools!"

Lea was about to ignore Japatu again when she figured it was no good to leave him ignorant. "There's no worry for those anymore. Handle them before they get to you, simple. You are more than capable of doing that now as you've developed as much strength as possible from absorbing the essences at the red burial grounds. Or... have you already forgotten?"

Finally understanding the purpose of their meditation, Japatu did not say no more. Instead, he was no longer hesitating and even more eager to cause mayhem, completely ignoring the sarcasm Lea threw back at him. While she did not mind, only drawing back her focus on how to destroy the whole underground metropolis. 

Hearing Lea and Japatu's exchange, Yun Na cried out in alarm. "Hold on a minute, please! At least let us out here safely as we don't have any means to protect ourselves!" What she meant by 'us' were her and Bright as they were both incapable of inhuman feats compared to the other three.

Lea understood this dilemma and was worry for forgetting about their presence, so she personally delivered the two at the center of Eden Kingdom. Yun Na and Bright were flabbergasted with the distance.

"H-how...? Wha?" He could not believe how much improvement Lea has done, and the ones who were even more surprised were Kiel Fang and his family, the King, Duran, Izaya and everyone else as they were checking up on their progress of checking the palace's defenses. 

They were doing their daily discussion, going through the food supplies, survivors, weaponry, soldiers, etc. The Apostles and the Royalty have finally come to a point where they had to battle face to face, only, the latter was extremely lacking in strength.

""Lea! Bright!"" Duran and Izaya simultaneously called, receiving a smile from Lea while Bright was faking a jetlag: "My head... oh my head... Where and where? Can't we just remain at a safe place for a long time for once? I'm tired of flying here and there..."

Yun Na who was standing beside him looked at him strangely, the corner of her lips twitching. Bright was acting more like a weak lady compared to her! This guy is really strange!!

Not waiting for Bright to finish his solo-act, Lea walked towards the huge table with stacks of documents all over the place. She vaguely understood what they were having discussion about. Eventually, she scanned her surroundings, inadvertently meeting everyone's gazes.

"You are leading the defense force, Izaya?" Lea suddenly asked, holding a file in her hand.

Caught off guard by her query, Izaya stammered with his response, "Y-yes! More specifically, Kiel provides the plans while I lead the soldiers. I still can't beat his father's influence though. Haha." He scratched the back of his head good-naturedly. Such a carefree general as ever.