125: Imhe's Kindness

The flight of stairs was really long, to the point Yun Na dragged down everyone's speed. But as gentlemen, Victor and Bright allowed her to rest from time to time.

Thus, by the time they got out of the dim-lit stairs, it was already early morning. Everyone was surprised at the modernized buildings with high quality architectural design. Victor and Yun Na were flabbergasted and they both couldn't grasp the gap of era above ground and below. While Bright felt a sense of familiarity, enough for him to realize that there were too many military officers!

"Hey, hey... No matter how you look at this, we would be killed as soon as they see us!"

Not understanding Bright's panic and fright, Victor and Yun Na expressed the same blank expression. What are you even saying?

"Kindly provide us some explanation, Harrow?" Yun Na asked, her voice remaining ever genteel.

Bright suddenly pointed at a person, then another and another. "That, that, that one too. They will kill us if they see us!!"

Nobody knows how Bright came up with a scary conclusion, but he was not far from the truth. Hearing his exclamation, Yun Na was stricken with extreme fear.

"I really do not want to perish here. Can you please find a way for us to advance without being noticed? You can sense Lea can you? Let's just focus on finding her without delay anymore!"

"Exactly what I think, but..." Bright still looked frightened at the sight of the officers, as if his bitter memories of the past were rewinding in his mind's eyes. A pity Ulla was not here to laugh at his suffering.

After a brief moment, Bright opened his pale lips to speak, "Vic, can you attempt to teleport?"

Victor analysed the levels of essences underground and deduced there was no problem with using Bright's suggestion. "Hm." Not even giving a warning, Victor grabbed Bright and Yun Na's wrist and disappeared out of sight.

.

.

.

Lea was still going towards one of the sisters' location when Victor appeared out of nowhere. Like the wind, he was there with a blink of an eye. Without a word, he rushed to bury himself in her chest, embracing her so fiercely. 

She blinked and blinked, then slowly, fox ears and tail sprouted from Victor's head and back. She finally calmed down and embraced Victor herself. Time seem to have stopped for everyone, until Bright realized what was wrong. Grabbing Victor's shoulder and separating the two, he said:

"Too intimate! How inappropriate... Can you calm down now, Vic?" The usually cheerful Bright appeared to have dimmed down a bit, as if conflicted over something but he couldn't put his foot into it. He did not like this sinking feeling.

Lea recognized the lady that came with Victor and Bright despite only meeting once. She gave the latter a nod, then turned to Bright, "You've found me sooner than I expected. And just the right time for Vic as well. Essences are acclimatizing in our surroundings. It wouldn't be long for it to spread everywhere else. But this is not the place where you all can be safe..." 

Bright understood Lea was now worried about their well-being, and the reasons why. So he gave her a brilliant smile, attempting to lift Lea's spirit up, "What's up? I trust your luck and skills, Lea~ Besides, we are like migrating birds, for being all over the place. This is just another temporary location. If you need hands, we got 3 pairs. If you need legs, we also have 3 pairs. Most importantly, if you want to eat good food, you have me."

Saying all that, Lea couldn't help feeling amused, letting out a soft chuckle. "You've grown thinner, Bright."

"It's because of you! You ran away from home without even letting me, your husband, know!"