63: A Father's Feelings

Sabrina, a continent a whole sea away from the continent Ingrid. It contains four prosperous nations, which are Yatsohara, Eden Kingdom, Drakon and Felicity Domain.

The first nation has several tribes within their jurisdiction. They are quite poor and their princes and princesses are not desirable by other nations' leaders. They are usually left to wed the second most powerful families. But they remain a nation due to their tradition that dated since thousands of years ago. Even before the great war of two great goddesses, which were actually just powerful Spirits.

The second nation, Eden Kingdom, was established only for some 800 years but their education on battle tactics are excellent. They have won most of their battles against the aggressive nation of Drakon. Technology wise, they have magic to utilize, which is far advanced than the other nations.

The third nation, Drakon. A nation that is infamous to all others. Every leader it has ever had is always into expanding their territory, which gets them into so many small wars. There are records that the primary suspect for the cause of the Great Spirit War is from Drakon. Their technology focuses on machinery. They used to keep the knowledge to themselves, but recently, they have been seen trading crucial information with the other continent's Sabio. Their greed never seem to be fulfilled.

The fourth nation, and the most hidden, is Felicity Domain. They are know for their tight relationship with intellectual beasts. Beasts that could learn the language of humans dwell in this nation, and learn how to be educators, researcher or even a warrior. Although they have little knowledge on magic as someone has connections in Eden Kingdom, they were less proficient with it. It is believed their nation was originated from the evolution between a human and a beast. Two different kinds of race mingled once. They hide away from dangers. They deceive travelers away from their real locations. Thus they are rarely seen outside. Except if you are one of the royalties that needed to learn the outside world.

 Except if you are one of the royalties that needed to learn the outside world

---------Drakon

Within the walls of a Gothic castle, a room lit by a candle breathe a life. The only sound that could be heard was the hard labor of breathing of the person on a bed. "Ha.... ha..... ha..."

"....Father... Don't worry. I shall make sure to achieve your dreams before your last breathe." His voice soft and sad, he whispered to the person who resembled quite like him. However, the latter seemed to be one foot to his grave, only living due to expensive medical pills and potions brought across the world by either legal or illegal trade. These things could be clearly seen on the table just beside his bed.

"It's not long now, Father...." Promised the man with raven hair as his bright grey eyes flashed a glint of determination. "Not long now....."

-------------------------

  --------- Eden Kingdom

"WHAT?" Exclaimed General Dean in his regal military attire. He was confronted by his subordinate over the latest progress on their search for any trace on the underground society closely related to Sabio.

"Yes, General Fang. There was completely no evidence that anyone could have stayed in that building for a duration of time since at least 20 years ago."

"Another failure... Do you still have other leads?" He asked as he massaged his frown.

The man shook his head. "None, General Fang. Maybe they are truly outside Eden Kingdom, then we might scratch a surface to their identities."

"Are you suggesting a nation in this?" His tone accusing, he glared at his subordinate.

"Indeed I am, General Fang. According to Major-General's latest report, there have been large crates of shipments sent back and forth from Drakon to Sabio. Everyone in this have already guessed where we should point out swords at."

"You speak such mighty words. Tsk. Order a few men to scout the outskirts of Drakon. Remind them over and over again not to reveal themselves." His voice stern and cold, he continued to glare at his subordinate's unshaken eyes.

"Understood, General."

With a nod, General Fang dismissed the man.

Left alone in his office within the Castle walls, Dean heaved a sigh. "Can war not be avoided at all?" His emerald eyes flashed regret.

A knock suddenly came on the door, "Father? Can I speak with you?"

"Ah... Christian, come in."

"Thank you, Father. I'm sorry to have disturb you so suddenly, but an urgent matter suddenly brought me here to you."

"Speak."

"Yes, Father. As you are aware, I serve the Holy Knights, which symbolizes our faith to Goddess Sabrina."

"....."

"There have been a response from her."

"What kind of things did the clergy men say this time?"

A frown appeared on Christian's features, but he did not remove his respectful behaviour in front of his father.

"Goddess Sabrina have informed us not to get involved with the continent Ingrid, and that whatever happens, we should not take sides."

"You do realize your brother needs us!"

"He is not my brother, Father. And the King have heard her wish, and he had given his decree. You have no other choice, Father."

General Fang suddenly felt himself cold, remembering Kiel's desperate eyes on the third day since they found him. He was a curious child, he thought. His grey eyes expressed long years of hardship he rarely found in his leagues of men.

How can he possibly abandon a son he had nurtured for so long only to be killed like a cornered mutt?

"Call back your men, Father. Or the King will hear of this."

Dean looked up at his first son's indifferent face. He then realized he couldn't do anything against his King and the powerful religion behind their Kingdom.

He was a General, but without the authority, he was simply a father and a husband.

If that is so, "You have my word."

"Thank you for your understanding, Father. I shall take my leave." Then Christian turned around and left, gently closing the door behind him.

Sitting on his soft chair, Dean looked at his callous palms. "Then I'll just have to go and save my son myself."