35: Running Away To Become An Assassin

Many days past and there was still no sign of Lea coming back to Izaya's mansion. Her classmates were growing anxious by day. They felt it was unusual for Lea not to say anything to them before leaving them behind, but they also understood that Lea could definitely do just that.

What was even more surprising to them was the presence of Hamsphant in the courtyard. The poor beast had been clearly depressed over Lea's long-term absence and it was nearing its breaking point. It had stopped eating and paying attention to most events going around its surroundings.

Eventually, the beast might decide to run away somewhere else without giving them any sign as well.

On the contrary to the three classmates Lea left behind, Imhe had been very cheerful with her conquest. She had found one of the superior guys that was a member of the Chlad higher council. A son of the member and was considered a high official.

She befriended him and they had been meeting one another quite often. And as the side, she also tried not to neglect Izaya. But Izaya knew better than to simply be lured by Imhe's approaches. He had learnt to hide behind Bright or Ulla in certain occasions when Imhe would strongly force him to do something with her.

"I feel so bad for you, mah friend. But it's okay. I shall protect chuu!" As Bright declared, he landed a kiss on Izaya's cheek. The latter felt a strong urge to kill himself.

"Geez Bright. You are gonna end up killing Izaya in this lifetime if you don't behave yourself." Ulla chided.

"You don't even care. You've only been friends with books since you started living here! Even more so since Lea left...." He retorted, hitting his own foot.

Bright had not been feeling that well either ever since Lea left, and never came back since. But in return, he focused most of his time in his training, which had been steadily giving him obvious results.

Worse of the three was Raize. It was fine when it was only a week after Lea left, but after that first week, Raize had started acting strange. Aside from reverting back to his indifferent personality, he had also started locking himself in his room researching something that nobody seemed to know.

Imhe was totally creep out. She would avoid Raize like plague despite his good looks.

Although they were all affected by Lea's unannounced departure, they continued to live their every day life in Izaya's mansion like usual. 

The aftermath of Lea's soldier kidnapping caused the capital into a haywire. And pictures of Lea's beautiful face were posted all over the place, eventually it would spread to other nations. The Izaya household remained quiet over the matter despite having the incident occur in their courtyard.

As a side note, Raize stole one of the posters and brought it into his room. Bright saw everything happened himself. He told Ulla, and she had asked Bright to keep his mouth shut over the matter. And so he obeyed.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

The situation in Mingzhe Dei had gone from bad to worse.

The division between the Emperor and the Prince factions grew worse in time. Despite how skillful and wise the Prince's actions were, there were always a leeway for the other faction to manipulate against them. The consequences weren't to the point of irreparable, but the consecutive deflects to his plans were slowing down his progress considerably.

He had suspected they were caused by the organization working in the shadows that Lea had mentioned once. So he had tried to pry the people involved only to return with a dead body every single time. He was amazed, but he couldn't afford to remain at awe and idle.