57: Omen | 2 |

When Lea, Liam and Seth were finally assembled, they immediately sped their way towards Chlad. Their heart as one, they all believed the city they were after was soon to be a goner. The beasts along the way were not only deadly, but complex as at times, they would cry like humans would. Unfortunately, the three were not a sympathetic bunch. When they see danger, they slash it with their blades or techniques.

The four lizards who have been quietly following the strong trio felt themselves increasingly nervous. There were brief moments when they were sure one of them was about to bite the neck of the other. While at times, they found themselves hitting their head to a tree or dirt ground. They were slowly losing their mind, and they had no control over it.

Lea carefully observed their changes, not forgetting to jot down the time it would take for every changes to occur. She was scientific through and through, and she only saw her objectives. Observing her on the side was Seth, always looking her way and learning how she dealt with situations. He found himself increasingly fascinated by Lea's decisive and compelling attitude towards strategic beasts elimination. She was more ruthless than the last he saw her, and even skillful. Although he have noticed how she frequently holds back, and he guessed it must have been because of her usual essence theories.

He noticed, she would space out only for something strange to happen. At a time, he had thought something happened to her, so he hurried to her side, but before he could reach out for her, dark shroud of buzzing sounds consumed a beast she was staring at a distance. He was curious, but he knew Lea did not prefer to explain as much as possible unless it had something to do with their objective. He did not want to make Lea feel exhausted with his ignorance. Thus, he simply observed her, always ready to be her back up when things would turn out not as she expected.

The person who was most quiet since Seth joined the group was Liam. He had tried to send over as many daggers towards Lea, but every single time, the daggers mysteriously disappear. He had guessed it must be the work of her close subordinate, Seth himself. Seeing as Seth seemed so skilled but very dutiful at taking care of Lea, Liam tried his best to not get entangled. He had a feeling the assassin was only letting him live as he saw Lea seemed to treat him with importance. Although if the assassin wanted to battle it out, Liam was sure he would not be brought down so easily.

He was still unsure for what purpose Lea keeps him by her side, but he felt that he should follow her around. It was a strong pull, a strong tugging feeling that she would need him despite their antagonization. He was quite fond of her. Honest and strong. She was someone he had wanted to fight once again. He would initiate the battle once he had gotten more skillful at essence manipulation than Lea, however. For the meantime, he would observe and learn.

Once the trio and the lizards crossed to the land governed by Chlad, they immediately noticed the sinister smell and fog looming over the wilderness and open fields. Something was not right, and it was eerily quiet.

"Every time I visit this land, I seem to find it too quiet." Lea thought to herself. Ingrid was quiet for once, which Lea found to be very unusual. She increased her vigilance.

They walked and walked, and it was clear for them all. There was no beast in sight.

Lea's heart drummed hard. "Let's hurry." At her command, Seth and Liam steeled their essences and spread it around them. Not long after they decided to get serious, and having walked several feet from where they landed, one of the lizards escaped a cry so loud that it could break one's mind.

Seth covered Lea's ears almost immediately upon the explosion of cry, and she could feel it was painful to bear for those who had heard it with their bear ears. She looked up at Seth worriedly without changing her expression, but all she could see on his face was his usual placid indifference. "......" She felt he was sensing something really dangerous waiting for them.