70: Talk About A Bunny

"Your humor is so dry..."

"Oh come on, Little Seth."

"Need I remind you I am not little?"

"Well, guess not." She finally admitted as he cornered her to a wall with both his hands locking her within. Victor could only cover his yawn as he watched the two.

Seth was referring to Lea's strange statement after tasting a stranger's blood. He was looking rather closely at her, and he knew she didn't lick her finger at all. A small smile was revealed on her lips as she moved away from his imprisonment by bending her knee and sliding to the side. 

Stopping in front at one of the room, and opening it, Lea nodded her head.

Seth took a peek to her choice and he could hear himself groan. The room behind the door was more than less presentable. The bed was broken in half, bed sheets bloody and tattered. The only set that weren't broken was a round table with three good chairs to seat.

"How will you manage to sleep tonight?"

"I won't be." She swiftly glanced to Seth's curious crimson eyes, and she gave him a small smile before turning around to take a seat. "You too, have a seat." She offered.

And he accepted the offer readily, while Victor took the third open seat.

The sun shone through the only window, reflecting the broken shadows of what might have appeared as bars to barricade entrance. Dust danced in the light, and sounds from the street could be heard faintly.

"Shouldn't we eat first?" Asked Seth worriedly, as he remembered Lea have yet to properly eat in days. She always seemed to prioritize the others, such as Nia who unusually have a huge appetite. He also noticed Liam trying to care for her health and would occasionally share a bit of his meal, which she would always refuse.

Shrugging off his suggestion, Lea brought her ruby eyes into her hands. "Can you find out what possible enemies we would face here?" She knew the task was very heavy and dangerous, but aside from Seth, she couldn't think of anyone to do the job. His skills were excellent, his essence manipulation astounding.

In a heartbeat, Seth brought his free hand to her head and patted it gently. "Of course. We can't make any move without knowing the unforeseeable elements at work." He replied, assuring her anxiousness that was being shown through her ruby eyes.

"Yes. I know you'll do excellent." Her voice steady, she flashed a proud smile. He gave a nod, expressing an amicable smile in return.

"Write your findings down and properly document them for me. I've taught you the proper pointers, yes?"

"Of course, Lea. You taught me very well." He scoffed. Memories of the days when Lea patiently shared her knowledge with him, providing him with more options to keep the data he would pick up daily. She would then criticize his writing and how unreadable they were before. It caused him quite some time before regaining his self-confidence once again. "How about Leron Godwind?"

"Ignore any associations with the man. But if you do hear anything about him, keep me informed." She replied, not revealing her other intentions.

Seth understood how Lea worked. She would only ever divulge useful information so as to avoid confusion when progress came into her hands. And when it did, she would skillfully make use of it to her advantage. Her opponents would never find it useful to search through her face as she would never change her expression, and neither will she spare a second to indecisive decisions.

He lasted so long by her side because his wit was able to keep up with her's. Otherwise, she would have left quite sooner. He believed that the only person who can tie her down must have outstanding qualities that she would find interesting and ever so curious. Someone she might never meet in life.