11: Foreshadow | 1 |

~Cheap Inn: Mingzhe Dei~

Oliver left Lea alone once night came, informing them that he had to go. Although his reasons did not really matter for the group since he was rather annoying with his fixation on Lea, they still politely bid him goodbye. Bright specially treated Oliver with respect as he thinks Oliver his friend.

"We should avoid that man. We should have never even met up with him." Ulla said sternly.

They were currently in the boys' room having a nightly meeting. At Ulla's statement, Raize raised an eyebrow. "Why do you sound so upset whenever Oliver comes to mind...?"

"He smells like trouble. His face oddly familiar too."

With her words, Raize's eyes widened. His wits so fast that he caught on what Ulla could possibly be thinking at the tip of her tongue. "That otome game?"

"Ah! O-O-Oliver?!" As if just remembering about it, Ulla rhetorically threw the question in the air.

With her reaction, Raize confirmed his guess. "I didn't know it would be so easy to find one of the capture targets..."

"Trouble. Trouble." Chanted Ulla.

Hearing this, Bright couldn't understand what the trouble was, "How? Oliver's a good guy. And I think he took a liking to our Lea, so he shouldn't do anything bad to us... right?"

At his words, Lea felt a shiver down her spine. "........." Her ruby eyes lit with fire.

Giving a glance at Lea, Raize gave Bright a response "Exactly. He has taken a strong liking to Lea... when he is supposed to chase after her."

"Ah!" Another odd realization came to Ulla. "Indeed... This could spell more trouble..." As she said so, she paid a long gaze on Lea, searching for a response. But to her disappointment, Lea simply continued to listen in without a say or a change of expression.

"How much impact can one measly capture target do the plot anyway?" Bright retorted. 

"You don't exactly know what or who Oliver is.. do you?" Raize asked with his eyes narrowed.

"He is just probably being Bright..." Chided Ulla, looking rather pitifully at Bright.

Seemingly insulted, Bright flushed bit red.  "Geez! Your insults are turning saltier and saltier, you know. '^' "

Raize shrugged, while Ulla let out a sigh.

Lea looked up at the night sky only to glance at an agile silhouette, jumping from one roof to another. The physical features looked strikingly that of a young man. Her eyes narrowed, and with the will to look closer, her essences voluntary concentrated into her ruby eyes. With her enhanced vision, she scarcely saw the hue of his eyes. They were crimson red, a glaringly crimson pair of irises. They lit a strange glow in the night.

He felt himself being watched. He then looked towards Lea's direction. He couldn't possibly make out who was watching him over the many lights in different buildings at night. But he was sure someone was watching him. He quickened his pace, and thus Lea lost him in the darkness of the night.

Still looking outside, Lea was deep in thought. She was not even bothered by her classmates' banters in the background.

'Sneaking in the night, are we? But who cares...'

---------♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭   

Lea was simply curious about the man, but the man thought that the person who was gazing at him had other plans after seeing him sneaking off.