19: Chase | 1 |

~Great Grassy Plains of George Region~
.
.
.
Amongst the wide green plain, a group of four youngsters were surrounded by 6 three-horn Badger-Snake, or Basna for short if it were Lea's lazy choice of words.

Chaotic it may be, the situation suddenly turned about with the appearance of several skilled mercenaries.

As they mowed the formed encirclement, cries of their joy in battle could clearly be heard. Echoes repeating their battle songs, making other beasts think to avoid where they were.

Safety was assured in no time. But another predicament arose.

"We want the women."

Lea gave a swift glance to the large mercenary band, and could clearly see 19 armed members. She could scarcely imagine their survival if they were to refuse.

Her thoughts incomplete, an unpredictable bad turn occurred.

"I refuse!!" Exclaimed by Ulla as she wore disgust on her lovely face.

Lea, as well as Raize, immediately readied their battle stance. Their overactive imagination ready to fire their practice.

The band of mercenary burst out laughing at Ulla's determined bravery. They favoured women with guts, and they were sure to force Ulla out of Lea's group.

"Not your choice, lass. We saved your a$$3$. The debt must be repaid." Informed the band's leader confidently.

"Alright. We will join you, but only if you do not harm these two." Replied Lea sternly, and pointed at Raize and Bright's direction.

Bright attempted to argue otherwise, but Raize covered his mouth just in time. Glaring at Raize, he was met with a shaking head that indicated they shouldn't add fuel to the fire. In other words, accept the terms quietly.

Despite Bright's struggle to release himself, he was lost due to Raize's [Shrieking Ghosts]. Illusion of purple and black bony humanoids clamping down on his body, and to make it even more frightening, Raize summoned a female with no face, a black disheveled long hair and placid skin colour. She was wearing a pristine silk dress up to her knees.

She appeared 3 feet from Bright only to slowly and softly move towards him. Feeling freaked out, he decided to obey Raize for a moment and stop his struggles.

At this, Raize released his illusions and revealed quite a sweat stained appearance.

Their whole squabble was gone unnoticed by the mercenary band since their whole focus was on Lea who tried to offer them a futile condition.

They are a band of mercenaries. They do nasty and selfish work time and time again. They get what they want, usually by force as they were no gentleman. And they will do so with Lea's group.

The glint in their eyes after Lea's words gave way to their savage and ruthless intentions. Lea concluded that they would never let Raize and Bright alone.

"A deal off will have to be forgotten." She said simply before turning to catch Raize's attention.

He took her signal, and just as immediately, a huge surge of essences spiralled within him. Raging like rapid stream, he quickly felt better. He was no longer sweating nor looking tired. He felt jubilated as he rejuvenated.