Chapter 212 Marry Me

"Where are we going?" Lucy asked Gabe about their destination but he wouldn't share where he was taking her. "How am I going to know what to wear?" Gabe remained tightlipped on their final destination

"Any thing you wear will be fine."

Lucy finally decided on an outfit and reappeared in the living room. "You look amazing."

"That's why I love you. You would think I looked great in a paper bag." Lucy gave him a peck on the cheek.

Gabe escorted Lucy out the door and down to the marina where the family boats were docked. "Are we going somewhere?" Lucy asked.

"Not exactly." Gabe answered.

They made their way to where Matt's boat was docked and were greeted by Bird and Rainy. The pair exchanged giggles. "Everything's set up per your instructions."

"Hi Lucy." Bird and Rain gave her a hug. "See you later."

The sisters disappeared down the dock as Gabe guided Lucy on board the boat deck. Lucy spotted twinkling lights and a small table and two chairs. The table was set for dinner.
Lucy turned to Gabe and asked, "What's all this this?"

"It's for us. For you."

"But it's not my birthday?" Lucy asked.

"I just wanted to do something special for you." Gabe ran his hand down Lucy's back and pulled her chair out for her.

Lucy could immediately tell Red had a hand in dinner as she spotted her homemade quiche. "I see you had some helpers."

"I asked for some assistance from the girls but the idea was mine."

"It's a wonderful idea, babe."

Gabe cut and served Lucy a piece of quiche and poured her a glass of sparkling grape cider. He lifted his glass for a toast when she spotted the ring tied to her wine glass with ribbon. Her eyes flashed to his and he untied the ring and took a knee next to her.

Lucy could barely breathe as he began to speak. "Lucy, you have turned my whole world upside down in a few short months. I know one true thing. I want to be with you always. I want to make babies with you. I want to wake up with you every day and go to sleep with you every night. I want to be your forever guy and if you'll have me, I want to ask you to marry me."

Gabe slipped the ring on her finger as she shook her head yes. Happy tears streamed down her cheeks as she hugged him tightly.

Plain White Ts- 1,2,3,4