Chapter 323 The Future Miss Brown

Matt shook the beautifully wrapped box in front of Jill. "Lookie cookie! Wanna open it?"

Jill stopped painting and wiped her hands clean. "What have you done now?"

Matt's energy was irrepressible as he rocked back and forth on his heels sporting the smile that made her fall in love with him in the first place. She reached for the package but he snatched it from her grip. "Oh, not so fast there Mrs. Brown." He tapped his cheek with a single finger. "The price of the gift."

"Getting off kind of cheap, aren't you?" Jill reached for his jacket pulling him closer to her. She nipped at his bottom lip before she kissed him. His arms tightened around her waist welcoming her playfulness. Even as  pregnant as she was, she was still the most beautiful girl in the room.

"Um, you kiss me like that again and we might have to make use of the storeroom." Matt nuzzled his face into her neck.

"Hmmm, I do recall a time or two of some late night paint parties with you...." Jill's memory flashed back to an empty canvas and several cans of body paint that they put to good use one hot summer night when they were first married.

"Do you know how long it took me to get that blue paint off my...." Jill cut Matt's remembrance short.

"Can I open it now?" She reached for the package again.

"Just a little something for the future Miss Brown."

Jill carefully untied the bow and lifted the lid to reveal a soft pink blanket embroidered with the name Madeline.

"Madeline. You've decided on a name. I love it, Mattie."  Jill's fingers danced over the delicate embroidery. She repeated the name over and over. Madeline Brown. It just felt right. Mattie and Maddie. Matt had flashes of brilliance from time to time and if this is what he wanted, then Madeline it would be.