Chapter 330 Sister Wives

"Do you think she'll like it?" Lila asked Lucy, Blue and Red for their opinion of the gift they wanted to give Jill. Her due date was approaching and instead of baby things of which they had plenty, they selected a charm bracelet. Each sister-in-law picked a charm that best represented themselves and they all selected a charm that best represented Jill.

Lucy chose a set of angel wings honoring her recent loss so that her angel baby could watch over Jill's baby. Red picked a wolf charm to remind her that she is a part of a pack. Blue selected a ballerina charm for her love of dance. Lila picked a princess crown because Matt wanted his very own princess. Together after much debate and consideration, they agreed on a charm that best represented Jill. They decided on a tree charm that represented the sculpture she and Matt made together years ago.

Later that evening at the Sunday family dinner, the sisters presented Jill with the elegantly wrapped gift.

"Its too pretty to open." Jill was giddy with excitement as she untied the silver ribbon. Matt helped her cut the tape with his pocket knife. Jill slowly lifted the lid of the box as everyone watched for the reveal. Maybe it was her hormones or maybe it was the uniqueness of the gift but Jill's emotions spilled out in a mixture of tears and joy. She was lucky to be a part of such a caring family but even more so, she had sisters. Sister bonds that only they shared and could understand.

"It's beautiful." Jill lifted it from the box and asked Matt to help her put it on her wrist. She and Matt examined each charm as Lila explained what each one represented. The meaning of each charm only made Jill cry happier tears.

"You all are the best family I could ever hope for."

Looking around the table Lila agreed with the summation. Lila and Jill were the only children in their household as was Lucy. Somehow this band of brothers had woven each of them into a much larger family tapestry. For better or worse, they were bonded for as long as they bore the name Brown. With all its drama and adventure and heartbreak, there was one common denominator, they were each loved by a distinctly unique man and they were part of their own sisterhood.