Chapter 232 Noah & the Ballerinas

The next morning Blue found herself preoccupied by the previous night's kiss. Noah was somewhat of an enigma to her. He wasn't as outgoing as his other brothers and he definitely wasn't as outwardly affectionate but she felt a spark last night, one that she hoped to ignite into a flame.

As she dressed for the day, she heard a knock at the door. She opened it expecting to find Noah but instead found Lila and Lily. "She's been insisting on seeing you today."

Blue invited both of them inside. "See Mommie, I told you we could come and visit."

Blue bent down down to talk directly to Lily. "Did you come for a ballet lesson?"

Lily nodded. Lila apologized for the early morning interruption. "I've never seen her talk so much about anyone before. She usually doesn't warm up to new people so quickly."

Blue offered Lila a seat. "I'm honored to have a new little friend." Blue looked at Lily and asked her if she would like to see her ballet bar. Blue extended her hand and Lily grabbed a hold of it and walked with Blue to a wall covered with curtains. She carefully pulled back the curtains to reveal a wall of mirrors and her very own ballet bar.

Lily delighted in seeing their reflection in the mirror. "Look Mommie!"

"Blue, that's pretty impressive. Why do you hide it?" Lila asked inquisitively.

"It's not that I hide it. I only dance for me now." There seemed to be a sadness in her answer and Lila sensed the melancholy  in her tone.

"Lily, would you like to be a ballerina?"

"Oh yes! Mommie, can I be a ballerina?"

"Lily, you can be anything your heart desires."

"Lila, I can make her a tutu but we'll have to order ballet slippers for her."

"That won't be a problem. Her daddy spoils her rotten."

Blue unzipped Lily's coat and removed her boots. "You can't dance in boots."

Blue positioned Lily at the bar and stood facing her. "Today we will learn first position. Now watch my feet. You do the same thing."

Lily watched with great intensity as Blue moved her feet to first position. Lily looked at her feet and attempted to follow suit. She struggled a bit with balance and Blue steadied her in place adjusting her feet to first position.

"Good girl. We will make a ballerina out of you yet."

Noah stood outside the door hearing familiar voices coming from Blue's apartment. He knocked on the door opening it gently. "Did you start the party without me," he asked smiling at the trio.

Lily ran to her uncle and jumped up in his arms. Lily had such a sweet demeanor. She touched Noah's cold cheek with her warm little hand and whispered, "Uncle Noah, I'm going to be a ballerina like Blue."

"Well then, I will have two beautiful dancers in my life." Blue tried to hide the blush on her cheeks as Noah made eye contact with her.

"Lily, let's leave Noah and Blue by themselves and you and I will go to town and get some tulle for a ballerina skirt."

"Can it be pink?" Lily asked pulling her boots on.

"Thank you Blue. We'll drop off the fabric later today."

Noah closed the door behind them and turned to Blue. "Looks like you have a protege."

"She's precious, isn't she?"

"Girls are a premium in our family. It's mostly boys so it's good to see we have another princess amongst us."

"I wasn't expecting to see you today." Blue pulled the curtain across the mirrors.

"I just couldn't stay away. That's okay, isn't it?"

"It's perfectly okay with me. Did you have anything specific you wanted to ask me?" She knew without prodding him that he would never address what happened between them last night.

"I seem to have feelings towards you."

"Feelings? What kind of feelings?"

"I seem to want to be very protective of you."

"Protection from what?"

Noah was becoming frustrated as she answered his every comment with a question. Blue could see she was pushing his buttons and purposely so.

"Mr. Brown, is there something you are trying to say?"

"I'm not very good at this." He hesitated for a minute. "I like you."

"I like you too." Blue replied biting her lip trying not to giggle at his awkwardness.

Noah tried again. "I like you a lot."

"The feeling is mutual, Mr. Brown." Blue couldn't stand to see him fidget trying to get the words out so she took control of the conversation.

"Noah Brown, are you asking me to be your girlfriend?" She moved closer to where he stood, close enough to make him even more nervous.

"You are quite direct, aren't you?" He replied.

"Noah, I'm waiting for an answer."

"Yes, Blue Harper, I would like an exclusive relationship with you."

Blue leaned closer into Noah's cheek brushing her lips across it and watching it flush with color. "You can breathe now."

Ed Sheeran-Perfect