Chapter 302 The Barter

"I know what you're doing." Lucy fired back at Gabe.

Gabe smiled and answered back in his most innocent voice. "Whaaaaaatttttt?"

"You know what. This cat and mouse game you're playing with me."

"Luce, you know I wouldn't play games with your heart."

"Damn it Gabe, it's not my heart that needs attention."

Gabe had been a little devil the entire week rebuffing her advances and toying with her just enough to get her hot and bothered only to make up an excuse at just the exact moment she desired him most. If he could continue with his brothers' advice, he might be able to sway her into talking about starting a family again.

Lucy was more frustrated then ever. Gabe was adamant about having a family and she still wobbled on the fence fearing the responsibility but also wanting to give him everything his heart desired. He was a good and kind man. She couldn't begrudge him of that. He was always attentive to her feelings and Lucy loved that part of him. He was a gentle giant in her eyes and saw much of the world with child-like wonder. She most loved his silly surprises usually tied to some voice that he could imitate.

Gabe pulled Lucy to the couch and announced. "I have an idea."

"Well, I've had ideas all week but they haven't panned out." Lucy leaned in to steal a kiss which he quickly rebuffed.

"We are going to keep all the kids this weekend."

"All the kids?" The trepidation in Lucy's voice was palpable.

"Yep. All of them."

Lucy quickly counted on her fingers. "Bam's three. Matt's two and Bear's two. That's seven kids. Here. In our tiny little place?"

"It will be great. Just like when I was growing up. Nine people in a one room trapper shack. We will grill out, make s'mores, and tell spooky stories. It'll be fun."

"Gabey, I don't know about that. That's a small army."

"Ahhh, come on Luce. Nothing ventured, nothing gained."

Lucy frowned back at him. "What if I sweetened the deal for you?"

"That depends on what your sweetener is."

Gabe leaned closer to his wife's face and whispered. "Do this for me and I'll do something special for you tonight."

Lucy bit her lower lip. "Really?" The mix of his scent and his warmth breath in her ear made her blush. "And just maybe I'll throw in a little something...something."

"You know that's black mail right?"

Gabe replied most innocently. "Just think of it as creative bartering."

"I think I've been had." Lucy sighed heavily.

"You could be if you played your cards right." Lucy felt his hand knead her breast as he nibbled at her neck.

"You don't play fair," Lucy's words were swallowed by Gabe's mouth. She moaned her appreciation back.

"I take that as a yes." Gabe chuckled as his mouth pulled at her lip.

"Damn you Gabriel Starbuck Brown. It's a yes."

Meatloaf-I Would Do Anything For Love"