Chapter 234 Food for the Soul

Noah escorted Lily back home sleepy from her dance lesson. He carried her into the family room laying her carefully on the sofa and covered her with a blanket. He walked quietly into the kitchen finding Lila working at the kitchen counter. "She's asleep on the couch. She's worn out from her lesson with Blue."

"Thank you for taking her, Noah. She adores the two of you." Lila offered her brother-in-law a cup of tea as he took a seat behind across from her. Noah fiddled with the sugar bowl and his napkin. "Something on your mind, Noah?"

"No, no. Everything is fine." Lila had learned a longtime ago how to read each of her husband's brothers and their personalities.

"You know, Noah, you can ask me anything and it won't leave this room." Lila slid her hand across the countertop and patted the top of his hand.

"And Bam?" Noah asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Joshua doesn't know all my secrets." She gave Noah a quick wink and laughed. "Now what's on your mind?"

It was always hard pulling any emotion out of Noah. Out of all her husband's brothers, Noah was the most reserved, rarely showing emotion. She had concluded awhile ago that he must pour out his thoughts in his journals much like Joshua did.

"How did you know that you wanted to spend the rest of your life with Bam?"

"Oh, well, let's see. I think Joshua knew it before me. To listen to him tell it, he was sold on me at my first dance in Alaska. For me, it was a long, slow dance to get to this point but I never wanted to be a part from him when I was with him."

Noah nodded. "I see."

"And how long was it before...." Noah hesitated trying to find the right terminology without being inappropriate.

"Noah Brown!" Lila chuckled as she knew he was fishing for some guidance.

"Noah, when the time is right, Blue will let you know. There's no rules accept the ones you place upon yourself. Be a gentleman always and remember the rule."

"The rule?" Noah's brow wrinkled.

Lila giggled. "Promise never to tell Matt I repeated this, but he has this idea that if a woman's lingerie matches, she plans to get laid. Your brothers had a lot to learn about women back in the day."

Noah practically spewed a mouthful of tea across the counter before feeling his cheeks flush a bold red. "Lila! Too much information."

As Lila wiped the counter down, Bam arrived home. "Noah, great, you're here. I need you to look at something on Gabe's home build. Can you meet me tomorrow at the site and take a look at my dilemma?"

"Sure. About 9:00am?" Noah suggested.

"Make it 10:00am. I have a wife who needs some attention."

"On that note, I'll bid you adieu." Noah headed out the door. "Thanks Lila."

"Anytime Noah." Lila turned her attention to her husband. "And how is my dark and lovely husband doing today?"

"I'm starving." Bam wrapped his arms around his wife's waist and growing belly.

"Lunch is almost ready. Give me a minute to get it on the table."

Bam took Lila's hand and tiptoed past his sleeping daughter. "I'm hungry  alright but lunch can wait. I have a taste for something more satisfying."

"But I made your favorite." Lila pulled trying to go back to the kitchen.

"Honey, you are my favorite food. Food for the soul. Now come fill me up."

He chased her to the bedroom as she tried to keep her laughter to a minimum trying not to wake their aspiring ballerina.

Tim McGraw and Faith Hill-The Bed We Made