Chapter 239 The Ground Between Us

Blue stood in front of Noah's closet searching for something to serve as a pajama top. "I didn't bring anything to wear."

Noah, although stunned by her comment about their relationship, pulled a tshirt from the top of the closet and handed it to her. "Wear this one. It's softer."

Blue disappeared into the bathroom and changed into his shirt. Noah sat on the edge of the bed and pulled off his boots. She came out of the bathroom brushing her hair and watched as Noah silently unbuttoned his shirt. He reached for the tie that kept his orderly ponytail in place and removed it unleashing his long blonde hair over his shoulders. Blue crawled on the bed behind him wrapping her legs around his back and began to brush out his hair. Neither of them spoke a word but the gesture was welcomed by him. Blue silently counted the strokes of her brush through his hair until she reached one hundred. She parted his hair equally on the sides of his neck and gently rubbed his shoulders and back. He rolled his neck feeling the tension slowly leave his body. It had been a mentally challenging day for him, first dealing with his older brothers and now Blue's revelation that her feelings were not as strong as his. By all rights, he should have sent her home. That's just the kind of man he aspired to be. Love and sex were not mutually exclusive terms to him like they were to her. All of that was rather confusing to him as he tried to reconcile the differences in his encyclopedic mind. Maybe, he thought, that was his problem. He was excellent with book knowledge but not so much with the people and relationship skills. He was always to reserved and to proper for his own good, sometimes coming off as arrogant or aloof.

Blue inched closer to Noah brushing her lips against the nape of his neck. She trailed a line of kisses across his shoulders and down his back. Sighing audibly, he asked, "Blue, what are you doing to me?"

She laid her cheek against his back and whispered to him. "Nothing that I don't want you to do to me."

Noah stood up, turned and knelt in front of her. He tugged at the hem of the tshirt he had just lent her. "Then you won't be needing this," he remarked as he pulled the shirt up and over her head. "Or these," as he helped her wriggle out of the wisp of lace that covered her lower half.

Susan Boyle-I Dreamed A Dream