Chapter 317 Name that Baby

Jill sat propped up in bed scribbling on a notepad while Matt showered and readied for bed. He plopped next to her still dripping water from his hair onto her papers. "Whatcha' working on?" He peeked inquisitively at her paper.

"Baby names. I have narrowed down the list of boys' names that I like. Want to hear them?"

"That won't be necessary. I told you we are having a girl. We need to work on princess names."

"Matt, we should have a boy's name selected just in case. What do you think about Arrow?"

"Sounds kind of like straight as an...." Matt chuckled at his attempt at a joke.

"Come on Jilly. Let's work on the girls' names. I like the name Shell. Keeps on the tradition of my sisters' names Rain and Bird."

"Oh so that's how this is going to work out. Well what about naming her after you and we could call her Matilda?"

Matt winced at that suggestion. "Poor girl. She would never get a date." He flipped through Jill's copy of baby names mumbling to himself.

"Everly? Everly! I like the sound of that. Put that one on the list. Everly Brown. Reminds me of green trees."

"I could live with that name." Jill took another crack at a girl's name. "What about Autumn, Summer or Winter Brown?"

"Yeah. Those are perfect Brown names. Put those on the list. Also add Fawn, Meadow, Star, and Madeline."

Jill was amused by Matt's interest in baby girl names. She had never seen him so committed to being right about their baby's gender. Matt scooched closer to Jill's baby bump and began whispering names into Jill's tummy.

"What are you doing Mattie?" Jill toussled his damp curls.

"I'm seeing which name this baby girl reacts to."

"Well why dont you redirect that attention up here and whisper some sweet nothings into my ear? You just might get lucky tonight."

"Frisky are we?" Matt slipped under the covers with Jill. "Let me see if I can help release some of that tension."

Jill giggled as she felt his hand run down her thigh.  "Mmmm. Thst feels familiar." Jill let her book and note pad slip off the bed to the floor. "Isn't this how we got here in the first place?"

"I dont know about that but I know two people who won't be getting any sleep tonight."

"Your wish is my command Mattie but first this baby and I are going to need some sustenance for such a wild night of lovemaking."

Matt jumped out of bed half dressed and raced downstairs piling as much food on a tray as he could. Someone wasn't starving as much as his appetite for her.