Death of Roses

"Okay. So a series of crimes have been happening in a small town near the bottom of Mount Ebott." The cheif of the police called out, looking at the papers everyone had. 

Dust sighed, guessing that he had to go undercover. Again.

"So? Why's that important to us?" He grumbled, not feeling like pretending to be something he wasn't. 

"It's important because their unsolvable. The evidence has been disappearing no matter what cautions are take. The murderer seems to be able to get into the homes of the victims with ease, leaving no trace that they were even there. They also seemed to be able to kill not only silently, but quickly too as in one night the same person could have killed no more than three people, only an hour away from each other. Should I go on?" 

Dust remained silent as the new information began to sink in. The whole table was silent. They didn't know what to say. 

"What are we suppose to do?" A skeleton wearing 90 themed glasses asked. He knew that this had to be important if they were being brought into the matter.

"I want you and Blue to go there and see what's going on. Dust can go too as backup, just in case you need someone like him." Ink tossed the three other cops their folds. 

They all caught them with ease, their eyes still trained on their boss. 

"You three are dismissed. And no, you don't need to go undercover." He mumbled, his strange eyes on the past killer. 

They nodded and left the room, preparing for the trip. 

Once to the small town, there weren't a lot of people left. It was reasonable, the killings having scared off most of the town. 

"Excuse me, but do you-" Then the same old process. 

It became so natural for Fresh that he mentally went blank. He knew that it could get him killed, but he was used to this. 

After going around for a few days, the small group ended up at the forest of Ebott. At all of the scenes of the killings, there were flowers. Not just any flowers, but red roses. The same roses that could be found in the deep forest, where the old Underground used to be. 

Walking in, the small group decided to split up, since the owner of the flower shop, he knew where the roses were, had died. The owner had never told anyone where the flowers came from, so they had to search the forest for the place. 

Fresh kept going straight for nearly an hour, before he saw something red. It was bright and in a large quantity. He hurried over and gazed in wonder at the large garden of roses... That's all that was there... Roses... 

Some of them were tinted pink while others were more orange... They weren't just plain red, making them look mystical. 

Walking up to one, he gingerly touched one. 

"I wouldn't pluck it." A voice warned. 

He jumped a bit and whipped around. His eyes instantly saw the dark boned skeleton, tending to some of the roses. 

"H-How-"

"This is my garden... But you don't care about that, now do you? You're here to find the one who has been killing all of those people..." The other skeleton's voice was distant and cold, like he didn't want to say anything. 

"You killed them, didn't you." It wasn't a question, it was a statement.

"You're smarter than your friends." The murderer chuckled, not even seeming fazed by this. 

"What... Did-"

"No. I don't hurt my children... I just sent them to their rooms." They hummed, still taking care of a single bush. "Though the real question is, what is your name, Mister?"