Gringerbread House

"Don't go too far now!" A pale white skeleton shouted to his son.

The inky skeleton just nodded and waved at his mother. After that, he explored a little bit of the forest that was behind his house. He just loved the outdoors! They were just so peaceful and amazing!

It was a bit like an early birthday surprise when his mother and father told him that they were moving to a town surrounded by miles of just dense forest! It was a perfect place for the young adventure to grow up in!

Of course... There was a small downside... Every few years... Some children and adults in the town would just... Disappear... Never to be seen or heard from again...

Yet, the young ink skeleton didn't know this... He just loved the place! The people were kind and very accepting of his parents, who were both male monsters!

"PJ!" Ink called out, his eyes growing worried after not seeing his son for a bit.

The dark boned child giggled, running up to the white monster.

"Mommy! I love it here! Can we stay! Please, Please!" The child bounced up and down ever so slightly.

The motherly monster chuckled, smiling down at his child. The white monster didn't want to bring his son's hopes up just to crush them, but he also didn't want his child to grow upset at him...

"Maybe, if we can find a job within the next month."

Even with the weak words, the dark child squealed in joy, hopping around like a bunny. Ink chuckled at his son's way of having fun.

"Why don't you go and knock on our neighbor's door? Remember, be nice and behave." The motherly skeleton told PJ, who obediently nodded.

He went to the left side first, and knocked. He kept his happy smile, remembering that people liked smiling children... Well, most people... Mr. Kepler hated children of every kind! Even young adults!

"Oh! Hello, you must be the new neighbors!" A nice, white skeleton smiled softly. Their voice was soft and gentle, though it sounded weird... Like something was wrong...

"Hello! I'm Paperjam, what's your name, Mister?" The child cocked his head to the side, the last word sounding like a question in itself.

"I'm Geno, little one... The town's school nurse... Hey, why don't you go play with my son and his friends? They're at Palette's house, down the road." Mr. Geno pointed to the right, where there was a curve in the road. It was the same road that the family had traveled down to their new house.

"Okay! Thank you, Mr. Geno! I hope we can talk again!" Paper gave another kind smile as he hurried off.

After running around the bend, he saw that there indeed was a group of children playing some random games. A few were playing hopscotch and some where playing with a large jump rope... It was honestly nerve racking.

Still, the determined little monster wasn't going to run away when he could make plenty of new friends!

"H-Hi! I'm P-Paperjam!" The inky skeleton called out when he was close to one group.

They were a bunch of humans messing with the jump rope.

One of them had pink hair and mismatched eyes. They smiled brightly, giggling softly. Another one had dirt brown hair that was spiked with bronze, hazel eyes. The one that was holding the jump rope, had forest green eyes with tipped blue hair in a sea of long white hair. The final human was wearing a baggy, teal sweater and wearing old basket ball shorts, their face being hidden by their cowboy hat.